Chapter 19: Finish the Fight.

Faramir had led Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Bran, Meera, Jojen, Hodor, and Summer through the maze and ruins of Osgiliath as battle was going on around them. And then he stopped at a tunnel. 

"This is the Old Sewer. Runs right under the river through to the edge of the city. You'll find cover in the woods there." Faramir informed. 

"Captain Faramir. You have shown your quality, sir." Sam said. 

Faramir took a step back. "The very highest." Sam added. 

"The Shire must truly be a great realm, Master Gamgee... where gardeners are held in high honor." Faramir said grinning. 

Sam looked sheepish. 

"It sounds better than Winterfell." Bran admitted. "All that place is with Ice and Snow." 

"Hodor." Hodor confirmed. 

"Hence the name." Faramir figured. Then he turned back to Frodo. "What road will you take once you reach the woods?" He asked. 

"Gollum says there's a path... near Minas Morgul that climbs up into the mountains." Frodo answered. 

Faramir took a step back knowing where that path went. "Cirith Ungol?"

"Is that bad?" Bran asked. 

Gollum tried to creep away, but Faramir grabbed him by the neck and threw him against a wall. Holding Gollum by the throat. "Is that it's name?" Faramir interrogated. 

"No." Gollum answered shaking his head. "No!" Faramir tightened his grip. "Yes." 

Faramir turned to Frodo, but didn't loosen his grip on Gollum. "Frodo... they say a dark terror dwells in Minas Morgul. You cannot go that way." He insisted. 

"It is the only way." Gollum insisted. "Master says we must go to Mordor, so we must try." 

Faramir looked to Frodo.

"I must." Frodo said. 

"We tried going through the Black Gate before. But it was too well guarded." Meera explained. "And then Skulky here said that we should go another way. Hence why we came here." 

Faramir nodded understanding. 

"Well, before we go." Bran decided looking at Summer. "I don't think that Summer can climb up the path to Mordor. Can you... keep him with you so that he can watch your back?" He asked.  

Summer looked at Faramir. And Faramir looked back at Summer. "Lord Stark. I cannot accept this..." 

"It's not. I'm asking you to watch over Summer and keep him with you. He's well trained and is handy in battle." Bran insisted.

Summer barked. 

Faramir nodded at this too. "Very well. I will protect him with my life." He decided. 

"Summer. Be a good boy for Captain Faramir, will you?" Bran asked.

Summer barked in confirmation. "Good boy." Bran petted his Direwolf.

"Go, Frodo." Faramir said. "Go with the goodwill of all Men." 

"Thank you." Frodo thanked. 

"Let's get moving." Meera decided as they all moved through the Sewer. 

Gollum went to creep after them, taking a wide path around Faramir. But Faramir reached down and grabbed him by the throat again.

"May death find you quickly if you bring them harm." He threatened.

He threw down Gollum into the Tunnel after the Hobbits. Summer barked. Gollum paused to look back at him and went into the sewer, holding up one arm in pain.