sixteen

"Ma Jake?" I say walking into his marui, hearing the sounds of whimpering and cries coming from his marui pod.

"Ma Jake?" I say opening the curtain that enters into his pod.

There he was, just crying on the floor, his head in his hands, not wanting to show his true emotion.

"Awe" I say sadly and sit down next to him, his cries become more silent.

"Ma Jake, it is alright." I say holding him in my arms.

He reveals his face with tears streaming down.

"Ma Jake what is wrong" I say very worried, he doesn't answer he just cries in my arms, his head resting on my chest holding me tight.

"I'm such a bad dad..." He says between cries.

"What? You are not!" I say comforting him.

"I don't treat Lo'ak right, I just don't want him to end up like how I was when I first joined the clan, I was an idiot!" He says still crying.

"Awe Jake, It is alright, Lo'ak loves you he just doesn't understand.. But I understand you Ma Jake." I say hugging him once again.

He cried even more, just sobbing in my arms.

"Hey, Hey! Come on, it's not worth your time to be sad!" I say wiping the tears escaping his eyes.

"We can go for a walk and talk?" I say smiling as he warmly starts to smile.

I grab his cold hands and bring him up to my level, looking him in the eyes.

We don't say anything, we just walk out of the marui and start walking down towards the shore.

"What is it that is bothering you about Lo'ak?" I say starting conversation.

He sighs deeply before answering "I just feel like i'm a bad dad for being to hard on him.. I just don't want him to make the wrong choices.." He says looking away from me.

"Jake.." I say turning his head by my hand moving his chin, he was no looking at me.

I plant a small kiss on his lips, "You are an amazing father, maybe you or I could talk to him?" I suggest as he smiles.

"Maybe you should talk to him first, but I will talk to him." He says giving me another small kiss, before we latch onto each other in a hug.

"oel ngati kameie" He says resting his chin on the top of my head.

"oel ngati kameie" I say hugging him tighter.

time skip

it is a little later, Jake and I decided that I would talk to Lo'ak first.

I walk out of Jake's marui looking to find Lo'ak.

I find him sitting alone, that's odd.

"Lo'ak!" I say making my way over to him, he smiles when he sees me.

"Hey Mauve, what's up?" He says getting up and giving me a hug.

"Lo'ak... You know your father is hard on you right?" I say smiling slightly.

"Yeah never noticed." He says in a sarcastic tone, I look at him with carefulness.

"He is only hard on you.." I'm soon cut off by Lo'ak.

"Because he doesn't get me.." He says looking at the ground.

"Because he was you." I say smiling at him before he looks up at me in confusion.

"He wanted to just have fun, but that got him in trouble.. He doesn't want you to turn like him.." I say comforting him.

"He wants to speak with you.." I say warmly smiling before I lead Lo'ak to his father.

They both talk in their marui before i'm called back in and Lo'ak leaves.

"Thank you Mauve.." Jake says now standing up, I smile warmly.

"Of course.." I say as he comes over to me and plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"I'll never get used to this.." I say smiling between his lips.

"To what?" He questions also smiling, now having our foreheads touching.

"Me and you.." I say connecting our lips once more.

~