chapter 4: my favourite kook

PRESENT DAY
------------------

When I get home, I'm met with my parents.

"Hey Cass honey. How was your day?" My mom asks me.

"Yeah uh good. Where's Kie?" I ask, curiously.

"I think she went out to go see your friends you guys are always with." She replies, in a somewhat passive aggressive tone.

"Are you planning on joining them?"

"Yeah, probably." I reply, slickly, realizing that if I have a laid out alibi for being out, I'll be able to make it to the party.

"I'm just gonna freshen up." I say, as I exit the from entrance, making my way to my room.

I call Kie.

She picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kiara, I have a favour to ask you, I'm not on speaker am I?"

"Um, no.. why? What's up?"

"If mom or dad asks, can you cover for me and say I was with you guys at the Château tonight?" I say, in hopes that she would.

"Maybe.. Where are you going?"

I get a text from Rafe.

From: My Favourite Kook 🤞

I stare at the name for a second, remembering that I hadn't changed it since we stopped hanging out last summer.

"Hello? Earth to Cassie." Kie exclaims.

"Hey yeah uh.. can I explain later? Just please do this one thing for me Kie?" I quietly say, convincingly.

"Fine. Sure." She replies.

Kie always had my back in situations like these.

"Just don't tell the others alright?"

We hang up and I press the notification in which I got from Rafe a couple seconds earlier.

It reads:

I'm outside, you better hurry up princess.

I find myself slightly smiling, but catching myself smile. I immediately stop.

Why does he keep calling me that?

I told my parents I was off to see the pogues and I continued to exit the house.

I get into Rafe's dark Range Rover.

"Hey." I say, somewhat sternly as I take a seat.

"Hey princ-" I cut him off.

"Seriously? Why do you still call me that" I say.

"Come on Cassandra, we've had our fun times" He responds.

I look at him, with no words.

"That's a hot dress. Looks familiar." He tries to continue the conversation.

"Yeah." I respond, dryly, partially feeling bad.

I leave the conversation there. We sit in silence. About 15 seconds into the silence I break it.

"So uh- this party. It's gonna be some real Kook shit huh?"

"Oh yeah, the kookiest." He responds, in a jokingly tone.

We pull up in the driveway of Tannyhill. The party seemed to have been started way before I got there. We walk inside to the house and get greeted with a bunch of people snorting coke, smoking weed and drinking.

"Can I get you a drink?" Rafe asks.

"Yeah sure." I respond, still seeming quite stern.

I wait by the entrance, sitting on the stairs, asking myself what I'm even doing there.

"Oh hey Cassandra!" I hear a light feminine voice grow louder as someone approaches me.

It was Sarah Cameron. While I was close with Rafe, I used to also hang out with her and Wheezie, their little sister. Even though she's 13, we had our fun times. Movie nights, girls days. All of that fun stuff. Ever since me and Rafe stopped talking me and Sarah haven't spoken either. Either way, I knew Kiara didn't like her, so I never bothered continuing out friendship.

Part of me feels like she doesn't like me because of how things ended with Rafe. But I never really knew if she knew how it all ended. Rafe and Sarah were never really close. But when I would go over she'd always be there, and I enjoyed her company.

"Oh, hey Sarah." I respond, in a smoother tone.

"I didn't know you'd be here! Come hang out with us!" She says, whilst pulling my arm into the crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N

hiii! i might split up the party in several chapters. ill try not to make it too long tho dw ❤️❤️