chapter 11: what now

It's been a few days since I've been in contact with Rafe. I hadn't seen him at all. Sarah and I had a sleepover at Tannyhill, but I don't think he was home.

I didn't quite understand why he acted the way he did. After we fucked at the party, I guess we weren't sure where we stood with each other. But I wasn't 100% on board with kissing on his boat the other night. I needed time to think.

On top of that, the way he spoke about JJ. I've finally connected the dots.

Back when we used to hang out, he'd always get weird talking about JJ.

However, I had no time to overthink about the incident. Midsummers is coming up, tomorrow. Me and Sarah are going over to have a sleepover. We're going to try on our dresses together too.

I certainly was nervous about even walking into Tannyhill. I didn't want to have to be forced to confront the Cameron boy. But I wouldn't let that stop me from having fun with my friend. It would be nice to catch up.

Of course I updated Kiara on what happened.

"Girl, he's definitely jealous."

I scrunch my face, rolling my eyes.

"Jealous of what though? Me and JJ aren't even together."

"Well to be fair, you guys had something going on last summer..." She winks.

"Yeah but how would he even know that? It's not like it was- you know, anything serious."

She tilts her head, with an unenthused look on her face as she shrugs.

"Cass! I'm just saying, it's a possibility."

"Whatever! I'm going out, I'll be back tomorrow, way before Midsummers.

"Mk.." She replies, in a suspicious tone.

After that conversation with Kie, it opened up a new set of thoughts in my head.

Was Rafe jealous?

Even if so, he can't just expect me to know how he's feeling.

Trying to put all those thoughts to the side, I march to the car as I drove off to the Cameron girl's house.

Kiara and I hadn't spoken about Sarah at all ever since that conversation we had. She wouldn't believe me about John B and Sarah, but all I know is that it had to be true.

It was risky going to Sarah's, but Kie can't control what I do.

I loved that I could tell my sister about everything that's been going on. But I still feel guilty for hiding stuff about Sarah.

-

"Hey babes!" Sarah greets me, in a high pitched tone while welcoming us into her home.

She brings us upstairs to her room and we all chat for a little while.

"Okay so, Midsummers. It's tomorrow! We need to find outfits!"

"Absolutely. So I was going to wear this."

I pull out my silk draped dress, similar to Kiara's but in a nice shade of red, which complements my tanned skin.