chapter 2

step two: the game start

Jaehyun is Taeil's childhood friend and a business partner. Jaehyun was in charge of documents, audits, contracts and all behind paper related – while Taeil was in charge of taking care of the café. Looking, searching for new coffee beans, inventing the best pastry.

They had been friends for so long but rarely see each other outside of work. Jaehyun knows everything that is happening in Taeil's life, and so does the other way around.

Jaehyun had his own friends, and so does Taeil.

Haechan was Taeil's other friend. He is a distant cousin of Johnny. It was very distant that one couldn't even call the family at some point but, parents love famous people. They will find a way to still be family. That's how Taeil comes across Johnny.

Taeil never regretted his relationship with Johnny, something hasn't even resolved properly causing the break up but still – If you ask Taeil; it's a very successful relationship.

Taeil invited Jaehyun to watch the play with him, he knows Jaehyun will not ask anything because it's normal; for them to hang out to watch a random musical play. Performance concerts, gag concerts, going to cinemas – they tried to do this as much as they can. Which actually doesn't happen that often.

The moment Taeil stepped inside Jaehyun's car, he can feel that Taeil's vibe was a bit too excited and bright. He put effort to look cute, it grabs Jaehyun's attention almost immediately. Taeil usually preferred being comfy instead of – anything he is right now.

His light brown hair was curled nicely on his forehead, blue beret complimented his round head – making his skin look so healthy and clean. Taeil always looks good in colourful outfits, Jaehyun always tells him that but he never listens.

Taeil usually wears black clothes, sometimes grey. Very rarely dark purple, dark maroon. But mostly dark and emo, always trying g to be mysterious. Jaehyun is not complaining though, he thought Taeil look really manly in dark shades of clothing.

"What the occasion?" Jaehyun asked as he drive, following the direction from the monitor.

"There is a guy trying to talk to me," Taeil started. "He looks interested, if I may say." Taeil tries to share everything about what going on in his life – in case if he messed up, Jaehyun can pull him out.

Taeil is curious about Doyoung. Why Doyoung wants to talk to him while knowing that Taeil is Johnny's ex-boyfriend, his friend for almost a decade!? Was Doyoung planning to use Taeil to take revenge on Johnny because they had a fight?

To think about it again, Doyoung wasn't really close with Johnny to begin with. So it is impossible. Taeil silently thought, a review from Johnny's ex-boyfriend that has seen Johnny and Doyoung a few times in real life. Taeil even looks up on the internet to prove his theory.

Johnny is closer to Yuta and Doyoung is closer to Taeyong, and there is Mark.

"Do I know this guy?"

"Doyoung."

"The singer?"

"Yes," Taeil answered shortly, still busy fixing his beret.

Jaehyun takes a deep breath. Doesn't have anything to comment before he sees the guy Taeil was talking about. He never worried about Taeil's love life because although Taeil is always open to relationships, he believed in love so much but in the end, it was very hard to really get into Taeil.

Two years of relationship ended with Johnny when Jaehyun was sure that Johnny was the one for Taeil. No tears from Taeil and he moved on so fast as if the relationship doesn't hit in any way. Even if this Doyoung guy even thinks to hurt him, it won't be easy.