chapter 15 ㅡ final

Taeil's eyes catch the familiar deep pretty eyes across his seat in the small garden at Mark's family house. Taeil takes a deep breath as he moves his eyes off the man, seems like he didn't see Taeil at all. The handsome face was beaming with happiness. Taeil bites his bottom lips, not sure what to feel.

It's been a year since the last time he saw the man; he was waiting for a call after his action of revealing the games to the public. He remembered telling his boyfriend to come and look for him if he indeed loved him and was willing to own up to his mistake first.

A year. A whole 365 days.. Doyoung didn't come to see him. Not even a single text.

Taeil know he will be seeing Doyoung here, at Mark and Jungwoo's wedding. It was a closed ceremony only close family and friends were invited.

Doyoung, Johnny, Taeyong and Yuta were Mark's close friends of course they would be there and Taeil had been well aware of it since the day Jungwoo announced his plan to get married to Mark during the family dinner, months back.

Jaehyun smiled looking to the side, when Taeil moved his eyes to what Jaehyun was looking at - he saw Johnny smiling so big at him. Taeil noticed the same ring on their finger, Taeil let out a soft sigh. He was happy for them. He was happy for Jaehyun and he was glad that things worked out for them despite what Taeil had done.

At the same moment, Doyoung moved his head to see what Johnny was looking at, he was shocked seeing Taeil, it was shown his pupils shrinking in shock. He smiles slightly greeting Taeil from afar, he was doing it so comfortably.

Why is Doyoung acting as if they never known each other, as if they have never been lusting in each other hold, as if they never spoken a word of love, as if they never planned a future together while nuzzling in each other hold?

Why is Doyoung acting like a stranger? Why is Doyoung acting like he is okay? Why is Doyoung acting like he -! Why is he smiling? Why he didn't call Taeil after promising to call him? Why he never - why...

His chest tightens, and he feels his vision blurred at the sudden pain conquering his chest.

Taeil didn't shed a single tear after the break-up with Doyoung. Even when Jaehyun came and forced him to cry, he didn't have a single fake tear for the man. Doyoung deserves everything that happened to him after everything he and his group members had done. Taeil never regretted his action.

Jaehyun might have the idea of how strong Taeil had become because he was there when Taeil's break up with Sicheng ruined Taeil life's - but Jaehyun was wrong. The reason why Taeil does not have tears for Doyoung is not because he is strong.

It was because he was confident that Doyoung would come and look for him.

Well.. He was wrong.

A whole year passes by - and Taeil decides to give up on the relationship. He thought he would be strong. He thought it would be easy.. but looking at Doyoung smiling and acting like a stranger to him - he wasn't as strong as he thought he was. It was not as easy as he thought it was..

"Hey.." Doyoung greeted him with a gummy smile, standing next to Taeil at the restroom of Mark's family house, "Long time no see."

Taeil hated it! He hated the tone Doyoung was using!

"Yeah.." Taeil smiled back, taking a step out of the restroom.

If Doyoung had deleted Taeil in his memory. It's time for Taeil to do the same. It won't be easy but Taeil knows, he is stronger than he was before. He can do it.

For the whole day, the open garden felt like it was crushing on Taeil, suffocating him with the weight of his own expectations of this relationship - but it's okay, now that he had the answer. It will be okay now. Everything will be okay. After all, it's not his first time.