prologue

***

***

A loud and most forced laugh ever known to mankind was filling the entire living room. A sigh came after, a deadly side-eye from the other three men in the room. They pulled out their phone and started transferring money to the winner of the game, Na Yuta.

"What did I say? Easy piece of cake! HAHA!" He opens his own phone seeing notifications of his team members transferring money to his accounts.

"No fun! He was an easy target!" Taeyong sighed, throwing his phone away.

"You choose him!" The other friend complained, rolling his eyes as he tried to detach himself from the group by pretending to reply to a chat from an important person. His name was Johnny.

"I keep losing!" Doyoung cried out dramatically, "I am poor now!"

"He is definitely not an easy target; I am just that great!" Yuta added loudly sending another loud sigh from his team members.

The player was Johnny Suh, Taeyong Lee, Na Yuta and Kim Doyoung. They are a part of NCT - five members boy group under SM Entertainment. The other member was Mark Lee, he wasn't part of the game because Mark is boring like that.

The game was simple but they can get a lot from it. They had been doing it for years, each member can take how long they want the bet to last. The payment is based on the shortest time to finish the mission.

The shortest record by now is Na Yuta, he only takes a full year to finish his mission and the prize was 100 million won from each member. Extra 50 million because the target was totally smitten with Yuta. Overall, Yuta was a magnificent player for now. No one can come close even the known husband material 'Johnny Suh'.

The game was simple - set a target, make them fall in love with the player, break up with the target on the set time and make sure they cry to get the prize. It was a persona battle. And the last player, Kim Doyoung knows that he is losing the game before it even starts. He needs to beat Yuta time in order to win and who can win against the Na Yuta?

Yuta's target wasn't really easy. He was a known stone but Yuta manage to make him cry, even threatening to kill himself. Yuta was a great player no one can beat that, Doyoung is ready to lose more money.

"It's Doyoung's turn. Finally, our nation's boyfriend!" Yuta added after tired of laughing. Doyoung was titled Nation boyfriend by their fans and everyone knows that Doyoung is the perfect boyfriend everyone deserves. But is he really?

"Let's see," Taeyong said, pulling his laptop on the table closer, and scrolling down another boy group's Instagram account. Looking for another target. A strong target for Doyoung because they won't lose more money and not to Doyoung.

Out of all of them, Doyoung dated the most but mostly it was a short relationship. Doyoung has a beautiful way to speak and it won't be hard for Doyoung to win the game. So the other member must find the most stone of them all.

Idol was actually mostly a pretty easy target, "Ahh!" Taeyong sighed. "We run out of strong targets!"

"Let's try, influencer," Johnny suggested and Taeyong fixed his posture right away and look for the most toxic influencer.

"Ah! Not fair!" Doyoung complained, "We said it must be an idol."

"Mine was model," Yuta added. Everyone sighed in relief as Doyoung rolled his eyes.

"Hae..chanah..ceah.." Taeyong pronounced the name carefully as he scrolls down his feeds. Scanning on the pretty aesthetic feeds, and a lot of coffee. He was just recently made a name on the internet, he was a current hot topic.

"I think he owns this café," Yuta commented, "Pretty guy..." He complimented under his breath.

"Ahh! Is that Taeil?" Taeyong commented, pointing at a picture down in Haechan's feeds. He looked at Johnny, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know," Johnny commented, lazily.

"He has a friend like this huh?" Yuta commented again, now seating close to Taeyong, eyes still focus on the screen.

"I'll take this guy," Doyoung cut in between the conversation. "He is pretty cute."

"He looks like a guy that gets mad a lot," Yuta commented again, Taeyong nodded agreeing.

"Oh, it's Taeil again!" Taeyong pointed out again, looking at Johnny's face as he started laughing out loud.

Taeil was Johnny,'s last boyfriend, they have been dating for almost 2 years and they broke up out of nowhere, Johnny is not the type to talk bad about any of his ex-partners but he was complaining nonstop about Taeil.

The member doesn't really understand where everything was coming from because Johnny seems really in love with Taeil. He would do everything to please Taeil. No one really knows what went wrong. All Johnny had to say about Taeil was useless.

They had been dating for 2 years, it's a long time to be together and Johnny was very serious about Taeil. He introduced Taeil to his family in Chicago and to all his friends. He told the management about Taeil and everything is doing so well until it isn't.

"I'll do this, chanahceah guy," Doyoung suggested when Johnny's expression drop after Taeyong mentioned Taeil twice. Cleary upset with the topic of conversation. Doyoung didn't want to drag it over, Taeyong is very bad at reading the mood.

"Let's do Taeil," Taeyong suggested still looking at Johnny. Doesn't understand the hell he will be facing if Johnny suddenly loses patience in handling his teasing. "Only if Johnny was okay with it," Taeyong said in his most annoying tone.

Doyoung keep glancing at Johnny, fear eating him up, he wasn't in the mood to fight with anyone after losing money, "Eh, I don't wanna play with Johnny's ex."

"Why not? Let's raise the prize. Johnny said, Taeil is stone. Emotionless. Empty." Taeyong started raising his voice, he was clearly thrilled and excited. "Waste of oxygen, useless piece of shit." He was careful while eyeing Johnny.

Taeyong is so annoying, it was a miracle that Johnny hadn't yet swung his arm on Taeyong.

"Ehh! I'll do this - chanahceah guy -"

"200 million." Said Johnny, cutting Doyoung's words.

"Yas! Gorgeous!" Taeyong cheered.

A loud laugh from Yuta, "Six months. I'll bet 300 million. Let's see the nation's boyfriend charm."

"400 million," Johnny added to the bet.

"Absolutely! So True!" Taeyong couldn't stop cheering as he notices Doyoung was frowning.

"Not fair, I don't play with Johnny's ex-boyfriend." Doyoung whines, still pointing out the chanahceah guy.

"500 million!" Taeyong added the bet, clearly unable to read the fact that Johnny was gritting his teeth, containing his anger. There is a time when Doyoung question how they survived their 10th year together without killing each other.

Doyoung seriously didn't want to fight right now, Taeyong won't back away from his stupid suggestion and seems like Johnny doesn't mind, targeting Taeil, and Yuta was excited about the fact that Doyoung will be losing more money. Again.

"...Taeil?" Doyoung pronounced the name carefully, "500 million won?" He asked for confirmation, and he take time to finally agreed with his target after carefully reading Johnny's expression, "I'll take it."

"Deal!"

Moon Taeil. Six months' game. 500 million won-game starts.