chapter 12

game over 

The front door beeped as Doyoung entered his apartment ready and proud to announce his defeat. He can hear his friend's voice bickering in his living room, A soft smile appears on his face before two big paper bags catch his eyes. Doyoung shrugs it off, maybe it's the member stuff. He did invite them in a hurry after all.

Taeyong was bickering with Yuta for something Doyoung couldn't catch on. Johnny was sitting on the other side sipping his iced Americano while scrolling down his phone. Everyone is ignoring him because they thoughts they already know how the games end.

But no. Doyoung wouldn't trade Taeil's love for money. And merely to lift his stupid ego. Who cares if his members will call him weakling for the rest of his life when he has the most perfect man by his side he can love to his heart's content?

"Attention everyone."

Johnny put down his phone, with an expressionless expression. Doyoung take a deep breath, he can't help but judge how calm Johnny's expression was when the man had forced him to insanity because of his jealousy toward that man.

"Get us food first, loser," Taeyong said. Yuta laughed as he pointed out his phone and he eyed Taeyong annoyingly, showing that he would get free money from Doyoung today – saying that he foretells Doyoung's defeat.

Johnny's expression changed a bit because he never thought of any possibility of Doyoung backing away from the games. Johnny hasn't really paid attention to Taeil after their breakup for his own good so he doesn't know how far their relationship has gone.

He knows Taeil was deeply in love with Doyoung that night when he drives him home. Johnny also know how big of a part Sicheng is in Taeil's life. And it will go on forever, just like how Sicheng cleared all the articles about Johnny and Taeil. Sicheng will forever be Taeil's number one –

Will Doyoung be okay with being the second best person in Taeil's life? He will never have Taeil on his own. He will forever share Taeil with Sicheng.

It's a good thing that Doyoung decided to end this game. Johnny didn't want Taeil to go through the same pain again, he knew how the relationship with Sicheng had traumatized his whole life. He won't even take the bet money from Doyoung as a way to thank the man.

"I love Taeil. I lose. I'll transfer your stupid money."

"Loser," Taeyong mumbled as he rolled his eyes at Yuta.

"I told you!" Yuta laughed pointing at Taeyong.

Another set of bickering can be heard. This is very normal, "I'll buy food. Let's invite Taeil as well.." Which is completely ignored by the two grown adults in front of him.

Johnny chuckled as he shrugs off, "Thank you."

Doyoung looked at Johnny confusedly.

"Thank you for not hurting Taeil. I was bad for allowing you guys to play with him. He loves you so much, I don't think he will ever recover if you proceed with this stupid game."

Doyoung takes a deep breath. "Can I talk to you in private?"

Thankfully Taeyong and Yuta were too distracted to care about Johnny and Doyoung. Johnny sits in front of Doyoung at the sink table in the kitchen. He won't deny his own curiousness about what did Doyoung do to Taeil. How did he make Taeil fall for him in a short time?

Yes. Johnny is jealous. He loves and treasures Taeil so much, that he spends a whole two years just trying to understand Taeil's pain. Whole years he spends to bring happiness to Taeil but he ended up being exhausted by the fact that everything was just in vain. Taeil will never love him before he gets over his last love.