The begging

Adelina fortell, was waiting for her friends to arrive in cousins for the summer, Belly, her best friend

Adelina fortell, was waiting for her friends to arrive in cousins for the summer, Belly, her best friend. Would arrive late in the afternoon, far later than any of her other friends would come. She also knew that would mean Steven would come later, that she was grateful of.

She was sitting on her porch, watching as the waves crashed against the shore, her house was placed on the edge of the beach, just close enough so she could see it every time she would wake up, but far enough so nobody would come wondering. The sun shone on her face, making her shiny golden hair shimmer, and her face glow.

The door faintly opened behind her, she knew it was her mother, turning her gaze off of the beach and towards her mother.

"Still out here?" She asked with a smile, she had the same blonde hair as Adelina. "Its not like the beach is going to run away."

"I know" Adelina shortly smiled, her eyes glancing over the cracker plate her mother was placing down, on the table beside her.

"Why Don't you go hang out with your friends, its a beautiful day out." Her mother suggested, taking a seat beside her.

Adelina shook her head, "none of them are here yet."

"The fishers are, they're just down the road. You could go hang out with them." Her mother said, "I do have something I need to bring to Susannah you could bring it for me."

Adelina thought for a moment, then shook her head again, "Im not really friends with them, besides I'd rather just stay here." Truthfully she just didn't want to be anywhere near the fishers house when the conklin's car pulled up, she did not want to face Steven on her first summer day.

"Thats too bad Isent it." Her mother smiled, "ill go get it, be careful with it, its very fragile. Say hello to Susannah for me."

"Mom please no, cant you bring it?" Adelina groaned.

"No, your not sitting around this house all day." Her mother hander her a fancy glass dish, she could just faintly smell the fresh cookies inside of it.

"Cookies really?" Adelina asked.

Her mother nodded, shooing her off to the fishers.

Adelina was regretting not making up an excuse, before her mother could find something for her too do, now if she was lucky she could flee the house just as the conklin's would be pulling in, but there was no doubt Steven would manage to find a way to say something rude to her, being in his presence aggravated her, every word that came out of his mouth made Adelina want to punch him, though she cared too much about what their parents thought about her to ever do that in front of them.

Adelina's fist paused just as it was about to reach the door, overthinking for a moment, then she knocked on the door. Jeremiah Fisher opened the door, and Adelina wished he hadn't, it was better if it was Conrad. Jeremiah was one of Steven's best friends, no doubt he trashed talked her with him, when she wasn't around, or even when she was around.

"Hi?" He asked, he looked slightly confused. "Belly isn't here yet."

"I know, is your mom here?" Adelina ignored greeting him.

"Yes?" The woman called out from behind him, pushing him away from the door, so Adelina could come in.

"Oh Adelina, its so great to see you!" Susannah stopped to take a look at her, "oh my god, your stunning, what has your mother been giving you that has made you this gorgeous?"

Adelina shrugged, a soft smile on her face. "Hello Mrs. Fisher, my mom wanted me to give these to you."

Susannah seemed to smile even more, moving Adelina so she would sit down at the table, "You are such a sweetheart, isn't she just a sweetheart Jere?"

Adelina hadn't realized he was still in the room with them.

"Oh very." He agreed, though he Didn't seem like he actually thought it.

"Well thank you, are you thirsty?" She asked, "I'm sure your tired from walking all the way over here."

"No, im good thank you though—"

"None-sense, Jeremiah get her some water!" Jeremiah rolled his eyes, as sussanah sat down beside her, "Jeremiah don't roll your eyes at me!"

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"So how are you?" Susannah asked.

"Good, how are you?" Adelina answered.

"Don't worry about me, tell me everything Ive missed, any boys?" Susannah shoed her question away, turning it back to the girl.

"No." Adelina shook her head, as Jeremiah sat a glass of water in front of her. "Thanks."

"Im sure they're all chasing after you, lining up?" Susannah laughed.

"No, not really." Adelina laughed with her, taking a sip of her water.

"Well they will be when, they see what you look like now. Hows your mother?"

"Good, optimistic as always, she gets a little out of hand sometimes."

"I bet, she was always out there, very kind though."

"Oh! She says hi by the way." Adelina added quickly,

"Tell her I said hi back."

"I will, I do really have to go though." Adelina glanced at the time on the oven.

"I bet you do," sussanah smiled, "stop by again?"

"Of course."

After Adelina left it wasn't long before the conklin's arrived, after they were all inside and Belly had dried off, sussanah was talking to Laurel.

"Josephine's fortell's daughter stopped by a few hours ago, Adelina. She is drop dead gorgeous!" Susannah gushed.

"Is she?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah right, Like Adelina could be anything past disgusting." Steven scoffed.

"Steven!" Laurel scolded him.

"Actually bro, my mom is right, major glow up man." Jeremiah told him.

Adelina fortell, being preety is not what Steven would ever describe her as, he was starting to wonder if they were even talking about the same person, his enemy? The girl he hated, that Adelina?