4th of july

Steven conklin was sitting in the kitchen on the 4th of July, his dad had just arrived and they were waiting for the debutante's to arrive, steven knew that would mean both Shayla and Adelina would be there

"The debutantes are here!" Sussanah exclaimed getting exited, belly rushed towards the door.

"Uhm shayla." He told the group, making an exuse. Meeting shayla at the door he gave her a smile, "Hey!"

"Hi." She smiled back, bringing him for a hug, Steven rested his head on her shoulder, catching Adelina's eye sight from behind them. Adelina ignored his look, pretending he wasent there and began talking to Belly, laughing.

"Im so glad your here!" Belly smiled, grabbing Adelina's arm and pulled her away, out of Steven eye sight.

"Come on, lets go outside." Shayla said, bringing him to where the other teens were. 

Adelina was sitting by the pool while Belly was busy talking with her parents, every now and then she would glance over to them, watching Steven. She was confused on why she was suddenly so intrigued with him.

Steven glanced over to Adelina locking eyes with her, Adelina quickly looked away. The both of them frowning.

.....

The teens sat at the beach, with the cool breeze hitting their skin.

Adelina sat in a pink circular floaty, dully looking around her.

"May I present, the belly special!" Belly walked over to them, she was holding a bright red drink. The group cheered as she set it down, smiling. Adelina already had a drink in her hand, barely touched. She held it in her lap thinking, trying to figure out what was going on with her, but whenever she got close to finding out she shook her head, realizing that it wasn't it. Frowning she watched as belly sat down, it was quite obvious the girl was already getting drunk after the few drinks she had.

"Hey." A voice startled Adelina, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Mmh?" She hummed, turning to the person who had spoken. Steven looked at her with worried eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, glancing over her face.

Adelina nodded, "Fine." She turned away, taking a sip of her drink in an attempt to act normal, like she was alright.

"Hey guys!" Jeremiah jogged down, holding a blue bag, "check out who I found." He pointed his thumb to Cam beside him.

"Cam!" Belly exclaimed exited. Greeting him with a warm smile.

Adelina's phone dinged from her back pocket, pulling it out she opened the text message.

Ciro;
We still up for this afternoon?

Adelina had completely forgotten that she had agreed to hang out with Ciro, he always wanted a adventure, he hated staying at his house.

Adelina;
R u free to hang out earlier? I wanna get out of here.

Steven from beside her watched her intently, she smiled as she got a reply.

Ciro;
Sure! Wanna get milkshakes?

Adelina broke into a smile, sending him a quick yes and began to get out of her seat.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out." Adelina address the group.

"Aww no stay!" Belly frowned, sulking. She grabbed onto Adelina's arm in a attempt to convince her.

"Wait, where are you going? Your mom said she was going to stay the whole afternoon?" Steven frowned.

"I told Ciro I'd hang out with him." Adelina told him, shoving her phone into her back pocket.

"Ooh Ciroo." Belly said in a sweet voice. "Is it a date?"

Steven felt his stomach twist and turn, was he jealous of Ciro?

"No." Adelina rolled her eyes.

"Ditch him then, you told us you'd hang." Steven said.

"Steven!" Shayla gasped, "you cant ask her to ditch her friend, have fun Adelina."

"Thanks." Adelina smiled, hearing her phone ding. Steven's eyes shot towards her pocket, glaring as he could see the screen light up. Obviously with Ciro's new text.