Beach

Adelina and her friends had sat on the beach almost all day long

"Im so confused." Adelina told her friends, resting her head on charlie's lap.

"Why?" Mila asked, looking towards her.

"Its just that steven—" Adelina paused, then continued, "hes being confusing."

"Well you gotta give us more information than that." Charlie said laughing.

"Well he's been being nice to me." Adelina continued, "which he never does, like ever, and then last night my mom said he snuck me back into my house."

Mila smirked, "well yeah, You went home with him, dident you?"

"Well I dont remember anything thats the problem."

"You were preety drunk." Mila shrugged. "I wasent with you so I wouldent know, but I saw him take you out from the party, he seemed preety upset with you."

"When is he not?" Adelina chuckled.

"Not like the normal kind of upset, more like worried upset." Mila struggled with the words.

Adelina nodded, "well I dont know, hes just been diffrent."

"Maybe he's finnally growing up." Charlie inputed.

"Deffinatly not."

"Why dont you go ask him?" Mila smirked, looking towards something behind Adelina.

Adelina sat up turning around, she saw steven walking onto the beach with jeremiah. "No, deffinatly not. I dont feel like arguing with him."

"Well thats too bad becuase he's coming this way." Charlie told her.

"What?" Adelina's eyes widened, turning around to see Steven walking towards them. When he was near enough, he threw a bottle of water next to Adelina.

"To help with the hangover." He told her.

"Thanks, like I dident think of that." Adelina scoffed, glaring at him.

"Why is she such a bitch." He said under his breath to Jeremiah, begining to walk away. Adelina followed after him. Steven turned back to her when they were far enough from her friends to be able to be heard, glancing towards jeremiah who turned around and pretended he wasent listening. "Cant you just let me do something nice for you, for once?"

"No, becuase your never nice."

"Well I'm trying arent I?" He snapped.

"Why?"

"What?" Steven frowned.

"Why are you suddenly 'trying' to be nice?" Adelina exclaimed.

Steven scoffed at her, turning away, "forget it Adelina."

"Fine walk away, bitch." Adelina rolled her eyes. "Always the first to run away, when someone asks you something."

Steven turned, "No, I just dont feel like arguing with you Adelina. Not anymore." He walked away. Adelina's heart thumped, the way he said her name made her feel something, heaven to her ears, like she wished he would just constantly repeat it over and over again. Why was she feeling like this? Why all of the sudden did she not hate Steven conklin for a moment in her life.