A Warm Hug

I don't own TOH!
if I did, flapjack wouldn't die.

(R.I.P Flapjack 😔)

______________________________________

Matt POV:

Ugh! Why did I have to wake up? All I wanted to do was sleep.
Is that too much to ask for!?

"Hey Matt" I hear Gus say behind me.

"Yes?" I respond.

"Why did you ask to walk to school with me?" A strange question comes out of his mouth.

"It's because I-" I stutter

"I uh"...Wait...Why did I ask him?

Is it because I'm supposed to be nicer to people?

I-

I don't know......

"Matt, are you okay?" He asks in concern, noticing that I have frozen in thought.

"I-I ehem, Isn't that what friends do?" I quickly reply, still in thought of why.

"Oh okay" He looks away.

...."What? did you not want to walk with me!?" I joke around.

"I uh, no-I MEAN I DO! I just" A puzzled and confused look forms on Gus's face.

*GASP* Oh my heart! You have shattered it!" I dramatically clutch onto my shirt.

"I shall let you know that it is a honor to walk with me!" I state proudly and truthfully.

I hear him laugh..

"Oho I am truly honored to stand by you my Lord" He Laughs and plays along to my little act.

I smirk.

"Oh so you should peasant! For I am Lord Matt Tholomule the 3rd! The greatest ruler in all the land!"

"Well then Lord Matt Tholomule the 3rd, I am very humbled for the gift of walking with you" He bows.

"You are very much welcome" I stick my head up high to show the POWER I behold.

"Then may I have the honor to walk beside you and not behind you?" He asks with a little more seriousness in his tone.

"Hmm I guess you can" I respond.

Slowly he moves forward and now is walking beside me. Looking up I notice how tall he actually is...
And wow

"How are you so tall?" I ask with no jealousy in my voice at all.

He looks down at me with confusion in his eyes.
"Well how are you so short?"..

...

......

............ HUH!?

DID HE JUST!? I KNOW HE DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!

My face grows red with anger.
I suddenly stop walking and fling my face towards his quite aggressively.

"I AM NOT SHORT I AM AVERAGE SIZE! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE BUILT LIKE A POLE!" I yell loudly in his face with anger.

"Oh...I-uh..Sorry" I see him look down with a sad expression.

Oh no.

Was I too rough? What do I do? Do I say sorry? I wonder as my eyes start to dart around.

I know! Why don't I give him a hug. That is what Steve gives me when I'm sad.

I walk over to Gus and embrace him in my arms.

"I'm sorry if I sad something mean" I mumble in a quiet tone.

"It's fine, I just don't like it when people yell loud, my ears are quite sensitive" He sighs, returning the hug.

A few seconds pass and we are still hugging. I don't know why but I wanna stay like this, even if it's for a few more seconds.

Suddenly Gus interrupts my peace and quiet.

"C'mon, let's hurry up before we are late" Gus slips out of the hug.

"Oh okay" I start to walk with him.

..Why did I like that hug?

...Why was it so nice and warm?..

..... Why did it hurt when he let go?...

______________________________________

Ugh this took forever!

I finally have motivation 😩

Anyways, how is y'alls day going?