Waltzing Matilda

{I don't own Toh!} {If I did, the show wouldn't end}
______________________________________

10:35am tomorrow morning;

Luz and Amity walk together towards their lockers, they hold each other's hands. Enjoying the quiet company.

"Hey... Luz?" Amity says, breaking the silence and turning her gaze towards her girlfriend.

"What is it sweet potato?" Luz smiles brightly at Amity.

Amity smiles and blushes softly at the nickname. "I was just wondering who will be coming to the sleepover today, except for me and you" Amity says curiously.

Luz thinks for a second before answering "Well there is Willow, Hunter and Gus" Luz nods "oh and Gus said that he would ask Matt, so Matt is coming too" Luz recalls.

Amity smiles and hugs Luz, she rests her head on Luz's shoulder.

Luz chuckles softly and kisses Amity's forehead "you seem very lovey dovey today, something going on?"

"No, I just want to show love to my girlfriend" Amity smiles softly.

______________________________________
~
Time skip.
3 hours later^
______________________________________

Gus walks around the halls joyfully. He spots Matt in the distance, he smiles and runs up to him.

"Hey Matty!" Gus chuckles and walks next to Matt. "You ready for the sleep over?"

"Uh yeah, My stuff for the sleepover is in my bag" Matt says in a nonchalant tone.

Gus smiles "how long did it take you to pack?" Gus asks with a slight tease in his voice.

"Oh it was easy and only took a few minutes" Matt says in a smug way.
(He was freaking out for 30 minutes trying to decide what he should bring)

"So.. What did you pack?" Matt questions Gus.

Gus smiles "I packed my pillow, blanket, pajamas, toothbrush, hairbrush, clothes and other stuff".

Matt looks over at Gus " you uh.. Didn't bring a stuffed animal?"

"No, why?" Gus shakes his head no.

"No reason" Matt chuckles awkwardly.

They both walk silently together through the halls, hearing occasional screams of students being attacked by their own creations.

Gus silently hums the song 'Waltzing Matilda', which catches Matt's attention.

"Hey, what are you humming?" Matt asks in confusion. He's a big music fan, yet he's never heard that song before.

Gus looks at him and smiles "oh, it's a human song that Luz showed me." He chuckles. "It's called 'Waltzing Matilda' it's about a guy drinking tea by a river and cooking a sheep that he found. Then the land/sheep owner catches him and calls the police, yet the man jumps in the river and drowns himself".

".... Oh?" Matt mumbles in confusion.

"Luz says that the song is from a place in the human world, called 'Australia'." Gus says in excitement.

"That's.. Nice to know?" Matt says awkwardly.

"Luz went there when she was in the human world, she said that it can get very hot and very cold."

"There's also a lot of weird creatures there like; Kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, koalas, kookaburra's and many more" Gus smiles, showing Matt the pictures of the creatures that Luz gave him.

"The Koalas creep me out though" Gus sighs and frowns slightly.

Matt shrugs "What's the point of learning about something if you're probably never going to see it in person".

"Well, it's nice to know that stuff like this is real" Matt smiles and puts the pictures away.

They walk around the school with comfortable silence. Gus looks around for something to talk about, he looks down and sees an ant.

"Hey Matt, have you ever wondered what it's like to be a ant?" Gus smiles. Yet Matt just continues to walk with a slightly annoyed face.

______________________________________
{DONE!...we don't talk about how long it took me to upload this chapter..}

{Happy spooky month! Do you want me to make a special Halloween chapter?}

{I'm Australian btw, what's your nationality? 😁}
______________________________________