chapter 01: the aftermath

beepbeep....the ecg..o2 saturations..the breathing pattern ....lies a man in the hospital bed of TICU. 

yup you guessed it right....he's Rocky.

 Rocky survived after his ship was drowned by the marines...but this information is well kept by his close followers who stayed back in Kgf with faith that their king will be back one day.and Reena-she is actually alive...her death was faked to keep her safe and secure while she's under treatment in Russia.(she was helicoptered with mallama at her aid)

Reena after recovery comes back to India in search of Rocky where she's informed by Rocky's trusted men that he is under critical care treatment and has a thin chance of survival.

all the past memories that were the only thing that kept Reena alive in Russia...the only thing that helped her recover from the shock of losing their child!!!! all those memory flashed again in her mind and she totally broke down standing outside the ICU door......she can't bear to lose Rocky too now....she can't.....

Just then doctor comes out of the room

Doctor: who is the closest relative of the patient here?

Reena : me doctor i am his wife....doctor how is he???

Doctor:  it is a miracle that he survived such huge accident...we had to clear lots of fluid from his lungs and had to put him on ventilator...his vitals are stable now and so we put him off the ventilator. he will recover consciousness after few hours..but...............

Reena: but what doctor??

Doctor: his brain will take time to regain full function. his temporal lobe region was affected which can lead to anterograde amnesia due to which he may lose some of his memory.please do not pressurise him to remember his lost memory as it can trigger some harmful reactions and his health may never recover as a result...................go visit him when he recovers consciousness and remember what i said......

Reena:  ok doctor.i just want him to be fine.

after few hours Rocky recovers consciousness......

Reena(unable to control her emotions goes and hug him)

Rocky: who are you and how did i got here....

Reena(realising that he does not remember him) : sorry  you look a lot like someone i know...i think i am in the wrong ward...i will go outside and send someone who knows you....

Rocky: wait....why does it feel like i know you....aAAAHHHhhhhhhhh

Reena(panicking) : what happened??? doctor doctor!!!!

she goes outside and calls the doctor

doctor arrives and check up on Rocky and puts him on sedatives.and comes back.

Doctor:sorry maam...my advice to you will be to stay away from him until he fully recovers....it may take months to years....depending on his situation...his body has survived a big accident but it will become futile if his mental condition remains unstable...

Reena:(teary eyed) can i atleast see him from afar before i left...i wont wake him up...please let me see him...

Doctor:sure.but please be careful..... (doctor goes away for his next round)

Reena(to Rocky's trusted men who were waiting with her to protect Rocky) : don"t you dare tell Rocky about me even if he asks....KGF needs him...there are many others like you waiting for him...nobody..i repeat nobody will remind him of me...erase everything that can remind him of me....

such was their fate....their memories was the reason that Reena survived are same memories  that Rocky had to forget to survive....life can be like that..........

and that was the last time Reena ever saw Rocky.....or was it???? :-//////////

*stay tuned*