T͏H͏R͏E͏E͏

❦

You awoke about 8 a.m., thinking you were going to be late; you arrived home late last night after going out to eat with Sasha. You kept needing to check on her, and you felt awful for allowing her to continue taking those pastel blue tablets. You had no idea what it was, but she stated it helped her sleep. You knew it was a lie and that it was some kind of narcotic, but you didn't want to upset Sasha because you'd just started getting along.

In any case, it was too late to rush because you were about to miss your first period, which started in an hour, and you couldn't shower, dress up, and do your hair in that amount of time. You grabbed up your phone, rubbed your eyes, and checked your social media and TikTok for a few minutes.

After you finished, you decided it was time to get ready. Already missing the sensation of hot water against your skin, you decided it was time to take a shower, which you did.

You walked into the terrible school halls just in time for your Philosophy class. You walked in and instantly noticed Armin making eye contact with you; you looked aside, thinking if he had a problem because he was suddenly staring at you so intently. The blonde's hair was styled into a wavy middle part that revealed the earrings he wore on both ears as he slouched in his chair, twisting the rings on his fingers.

It was even worse because you sat one seat away from him, so you knew it would be tense and awkward. It's not your fault that Sasha chose to be with you because he and his friends were all horrible and useless.

You cleared your throat slightly before sitting down on the cold compress, tugging the sleeves of your jumper down your arms because they raised slightly up your arm. Armin twirled his pencil between his fingers as he took out his notebook and textbook, flipping to the page where the class had finished the day before.

All you did was ignore his presence, and when his gaze returned to you, you truly wanted to ask him what the problem was. You took out your pencil case and notebook, flipping through your pages to where you left off the day before, and you sighed. You could see the mark of your teardrops from the day before, reminding you of the dreadfulness you felt the day prior.

You noticed the table next to you was still empty as you listened to the teacher rant on about ethics and values and such. You swore to yourself as you realised that the individual who separated you and Armin wasn't here, so you and Armin were basically seated next to each other. Why at this point in time?

Armin continued to spin his pencil around his fingers as you took notes from your teacher's speech until you felt something brush your foot. You looked down to see a pencil beside your shoes, then up to see Armin facing the front, the pen no longer in his grasp.

You knew he wouldn't come to you to pick it up because it would have been awkward for him to do so in front of everyone. You cautiously took it up and reached your arm across from the table next to you, pencil in hand, to hand it across to Armin.