F͏I͏V͏E͏

❦

You walked into your seminar class and everyone's eyes fell on you as usual. Silently you walked up to the round-shaped table in the middle sitting at the one furthest towards the window since you could hide yourself a little.

You could understand why you were getting a couple of stares you haven't been to your seminar in a couple of weeks so you were kind of unfamiliar with some of them. You couldn't make it last week because of your period but now that it was over you thought that you would be able to make it for the whole week.

You were kind of early so you just went on your phone as the table started to fill up gradually it got a bit noisier as you listened to the conversation that occurred around you. You finally decided to get off your phone and look around, Armin didn't happen to be here yet making you wonder where he was. He wasn't the type to be late judging by how he was always the first one in the philosophy class to have a chat with the professor.

You noticed a girl staring at you from the corner of your eyes. You weren't a rude person to just look at her in an ill way just because she was staring at you so you gave her a small smile which she returned.

You immediately recognised her from her brown skin tone to her blow-dried copper brown hair. You knew that she was one of Armin's girls. Probably the most favourite one because you would always see her lurking around him in the hallways and in class.

You saw as she picked up her tote bag to come towards it. Startled a bit, you didn't know what to do but stare at her.

"I'm so sorry but you're sitting on my seat, I'm not trying to be rude it's just, I always sit there," she said with a smile implanted on her face.

You could tell from the tone of her high-pitched voice that it was a bit passive-aggressive and last time you checked, there were no assigned seats and anyone could sit anywhere. You looked up at her for a bit before parting your lips to talk.

"I get that you always sit there but this is not your assigned seat so anyone would've sat there regardless," you stated in a calm manner hoping that you didn't come off as rude because the last thing you wanted was to argue over a seat at your big age.

"Everybody knows that I don't like to sit in the middle, it makes me feel a bit self-conscious I would've made it known to you but you rarely ever come so..." the girl trailed as you squinted your eyes at her because of her dumb excuse.

It wouldn't be rich coming from you to use someone's insecurity against them but to make someone do something just because you felt a bit self-conscious was selfish.

Obviously, you didn't care about where you sat even though you liked being hidden in the corner. You showed her what a bigger person you were and stood up from your seat without saying a word you didn't care about it anymore.