3

He landed behind her. The dress she was wearing hid nothing of her curves, neither did the warrior leathers she wore a few days ago. She looked gods damned breath-taking, and he wondered if she had looked like that when they were friends all those years ago. Her hair shifted a little in the wind, revealing another tattoo on her spine, the dress cut low enough to reveal it. He tried to find anything in his memories of her dark auburn hair, those striking green eyes, but nothing came up. If it was true what his mother had said... If it was true, that she meant so much to him. He didn't know what to do with that information.

"Are you just going to stand there like a creep?" She asked, not turning around.

He rolled his eyes but sat down next to her. Her legs hung off the ledge, swaying slightly high above the ground. He took the same position. He leaned back on his hands, his gaze on the darkening sky.

"Did you Winnow up here?"

"No, I climbed the tree in this dress." She said sarcastically. "Why are you up here?"

"I wish I knew."

"Your mother talked to you, didn't she?" She finally turned to look at him and he almost immediately drowned in the green of her eyes.

He swallowed. "She did."

"Well, you don't need to be here. It doesn't matter. We should let the past be in the past. We've both moved on from the whole ordeal and you've now lived longer not knowing me, than you did knowing me. You shouldn't want to know me because your mother said so." She looked back to the foliage before her.

"What if I want to know you?"

She snorted very un-lady like. "Then you just want to know me because of how I look. And I have enough of that sort of attention. So, no thank you."

"Don't flatter yourself." He said. "You're not my type." A complete lie.

She glanced at him from the corner of her eye. "Maybe you're right, nothing ever happened between us. So, what is your type now then?"

He shrugged. "What was my type back then?"

"Back then you never had a real relationship. Hook-ups, yes. And honestly?" She arched an eyebrow. "That included almost everything that moved."

"Except you."

"Except me." She said simply. He couldn't figure out the tone in her voice.

"Did you and Lucien..."

"Do you really want an answer to that?"

His nails curled on the rotten wood beneath them, the tree house creaked with the wind. "I guess that answers that." He said with a neutral tone.

"It was long after you forgot about me." She waved her hand dismissively.

They sat in silence for a while. Watching the sky darken, the sun disappearing behind the trees until it was pitch black outside. Behind them you could see light shine through the windows of the house, but in front of them, the only light was from the thin crescent moon.

"Do you miss it?" He asked. "What we had. Our friendship."

She didn't take her eyes off the darkness in front of her. The moon reflected in her green eyes, making it look like they gave light in the dark. He wanted to tear his gaze off her but was unable to do so. When he thought she wouldn't answer his question, she said,

"Every day." Those two words were barely audible above the wind.

"Then let me try to break the curse."