15

He knew he wasn't invited, so he didn't stick around after that. He went to the Inn and started packing. Not that there was much to pack, after ten minutes he was done. He sat on the edge of the bed, looking out the window to Velaris. He thought about her, closing his eyes as he thought about her voice, her eyes, the way she danced with him.

"If your here to laugh at me, you can go." She said as she sat on the top of the roof. Of his house. Her back was to him so he could only see her auburn hair move with the wind. He stepped closer and sat down next to her, looking over the forest around them.

"I would never laugh at you." She tilted her head to him and cocked an eyebrow. "Alright." He laughed. "I would. But not about this. I know how nerve racking it can be to open a ball."

"You were a natural at dancing, Eris. You didn't have anything to worry about."

He snorted. "Just that I had to dance Ellopé." He shuddered excessively. "I rather would dance with literally anyone else but her. I had nightmares for weeks!"

"Even your brothers?" She smirked.

He thought about it, looking at the forest. "Yes. Even my brothers."

"You are such a weirdo." She laughed.

"I grew up with you. No wonder I turned out like that."

She pushed him and he fell with his back against the roof. "I hate you, Vanserra."

"No, you don't." He smirked, placing his arm behind his head. "You love me." She rolled her eyes and laid down next to him as they looked at the stars. "I'll teach you." He said quietly into the night.

"What?" She tilted her head towards him.

"I'll teach you how to dance."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want my best friend to humiliate me or the Vanserra legacy."

"Oh, thank you so much for your concern." She snorted. He turned to his side and tilted her chin.

"I will teach you because you are my best friend. I will teach you because I don't want you to feel insecure opening the ball. I'll teach you because -" He smiled slightly. "- because I love you, you goofball." He tussled her hair.

She wrapped her arms around him as she lay her head on his chest. "Thank you."

"Anything for you." He whispered. And they stayed like that for the rest of the night. Her half on top of him as they gazed at the stars.

He shot up from the bed sweating. He looked around the room, trying to puzzle together where he was. Right, the Inn. He must have fallen asleep at one point. And the dream – the memory. He knew it wasn't something of his imagination, he felt it deep inside of him that it was real. She looked so different in the dream, yet she looked exactly the same. He wiped the sweat from his forehead as he glanced out the window. It was dark now and music flowed through his window. He was supposed to be back in the Autumn Court by now. He stood up and looked out the window. A few houses from the Inn, was a café. With people going in and out, laughing and singing. People outside were dancing on the music that boomed from inside.

His heart stammered when he saw Terrin between those people. She was dancing and laughing, her head falling backwards when Azriel dipped her low. Jealousy raged through him as the other male held her close. He gripped the windowsill until his knuckles turned white. He knew he must look like a creep, watching her from a window a few levels above her but he didn't care. If this was the last time, he would see her. The last time he would see her dance and look free, he wouldn't tear his eyes away until she was gone. He saw her dance with everyone. Going from Azriel to Feyre, from Mor to Cassian. Even with a few males outside the group, but she always returned to the shadowsinger. To that fucking shadowsinger. He didn't know how much time had passed since he had made his way to the window, but the moon had shifted quite a bit.