Chapter 14- The Rage of the Wolf

*Sarah Pov*

Looking back on my break down at Mitri's house I am wondering why I went crazy as I did. Well, that witch insulted my pup, and it was my job to protect her. My wolf took over and the only thing that was on her mind was ending the life of the one who made her pup distressed. The only thing was she couldn't see she was hurting innocent people who were trying to protect the girl, because that was their pack member, and I was not. Had Mitri made me a part of the pack, they would have had to fight with me, as their Luna and because the girl threatened the wellbeing of a possible future alpha. Then I left because I was pissed that Mitri wouldn't protect Jonah as his own. I was his mate, therefore Jonah should have been considered as one of his successors.
Maybe I'm just speaking like a crazy girlfriend. Hell, I couldn't have even been considered as his girlfriend! Maybe the bond between mates wasn't actually there, and maybe that's why he didn't care that much about us. If what my mama said was right, that mates would give up their entire packs for each other, then maybe we weren't mates.
He's probably sleeping soundly right now, as I'm curled up on a loud, uncomfortable motel mattress. With two children taking up seventy-five percent of the bed, crying and wondering what the actual fuck just happened. What happened to my life. I guess you could say I never really had a life. My mama died young, my daddy following soon after, I was forced basically into slavery to my stepmother, raped by her devil of a son, I got pregnant at sixteen, I ran away from the only home I've ever had after being reject by my first mate, and now I've destroyed my second mate's pack...

Man, am I fucked up.

Now the only sanity I have is my wolf's rage. It's the only thing that keeps me going, I need it. It's what got me out of the states, out of Mitri's house, and out of my mind. If I didn't have it, I probably would've gotten thrown in the streets multiple times in my life. I'm damaged goods. No wonder Mitri's bond wasn't working, everything about me is wrong. My thoughts wonder from my rage, to every denial and heartache I've ever received, to just going blank. I'm going insane, I can tell.
My breathing picks up as the realization hits me. I pull myself out bed and out of the motel room. I take a few breathes to calm myself, but nothing is working. I'm going insane, everything bad that has ever happened to me finally takes its toll on me as I feel like I have to vomit. The world spins around me as I trip on nothing and my butt hits the ground.
"Mate, need mate...", my wolf cries,"tired, so tired, too tired."
"I know, me too", my eyes water, and my lower lip starts to tremble.
The mate bond is slowly killing my wolf. After being rejected by her first one, she doesn't have much else to hold on to. And this last heartache has taken a chunk out of both of our spirits. But she can't die, if she does my human body will start to deteriorate, and I will die too. I can't leave my babies only out in this cruel world, not like mama and daddy did. I don't want them going through what I'm going through now, that's why I much stay strong. I don't think my wolf can do it though. She cries out to her mate, and I hold back sobs as tears roll down my face. She cries, and she cries, and she cries, and I cry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Mitri's POV*

A pang in my heart stings as I patrol my pack's border. My mate. My wolf has been craving her ever since we've started our search. Each night after a failed mission to find her, we go home, lay in bed, and he cries out to her, her wolf.

Although I didn't think it would, my pack bounced back easily after the attack. Most of my fighters weren't dead, but only unconscious. Even the weak ones were okay. And Fia was fine as well, once she was stitched up and left to rest. It only made me feel more guilty about letting my mate slip away from me. My pack was ready to forgive her, accept her, and make her their Luna, but my anger and her anger, pushed us away. I started to take my anger out on those I loved, my pack. Especially on Fia. She was made the pack omega by her pack mates, and forced to clean, cook, and watch after the little pups while we all went out hunting as a pack. She was exiled from all pack social activities, including barbecues, camping trips, and galas we would occasionally hold. She brought this on herself. Would ignore her, and if she tried to comfort me or talk to me, I would scream in her face, then I would have her ordered to be put in the pack dungeon and whipped. Of course I would feel bad, because it was my wolf who would have ordered her punishments. I would allow her to rest the next day. It was a constant cycle. She would be imprisoned at least three times a week.

I hate the man I am becoming. I've also become rougher of rouges that wander in. Before we would have just imprisoned wolves that wandered in, and if they were children they would have been taken in and watched by a woman of the pack. But now wolves that wander in are execute on the spot and children are kept in the dungeon, until a woman petitions to watch and care for it. The problem is the women of this pack already have multiple children, and do not want another one. So, children are given to mated couples that cannot conceive. These couples usually ask for multiple children to fill their homes. It's a maternal effect all female wolves are born with. They want to have many children, and some wolves cannot. So the rouge child get a home, maybe a sibling to go along with it, and the mated couple gets the children they could never have. The children who are still kept without parents are allowed time in the day to play with the children of the pack, but must to chores around the house and yard. They are all fed large meals three times a day, with snacks in between, to keep up with their ravenous appetites. To be considered a child a rouge must be under the age of eighteen.

It's become a harsh concept our pack. Many of my pack members have left because they don't believe in what has started happening. If a rouge wants to get through unharmed they must have a signed and sealed order from their previous alpha stating their reason for their exile. I've become more strict and I hate it.
I hate who I've become.

______________________________________________
(A/N)
Hello my lovelies. So this is a bit of a dark update. I kinda gave myself chills while writing in Mitri's point of view. But I did it to explain why each of the main characters acted the way they did when Sarah attack Fia and the outcomes. Also remember this is a fictional world. I'm pretty sure a grown man would be put in jail for killing random civilians and imprisoning children I'm real life. Yeah... So that's it for this chapter, and I'm sorry it took so long to come out.

So remember toooooo...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

LOVE ALWAYS!!!