After school

Sal's P.O.V

It was still the God awful Monday. The day had went by relatively fast. It was weird how time did that, but Sal got used to it, or so he thought. Larry and Ashley left before I got out of class, so I'm walking home alone today, great... I made my way to my locker to get everything I needed. I put my unneeded books away, and I grabbed my homework and physic book. We had a physics test tomorrow so I wanted to study for the 100th time. I didn't need to study, but I still did anyway. I wanted to make sure all of my grades were A's, which I was always making. So far, all A's. I needed to ace this test or I wouldn't have all perfect scores for every class I'm in. I always wanted perfection.

I was walking out the school doors when I saw Travis walking towards me. We had talked in the bathroom and some in our shared math class for 5th period. I almost forgot I needed to practice my guitar today!

"Hey Sal," Travis started," where ya going? Oh yea can I come over to your house-flat-apartment-thingy tonight? My dad isn't gonna be home at all tonight and my mom said I shouldn't be at my house tonight. Which is weird. Even Dad agreed. Oh I'm rambling aren't I? Sorry!" Travis said. The last part sounded more like statement then a question.

"Yeah, of course you can come over Trav. My dad's working all night on night shift so he won't be home, but yeah come over anytime. Oh if you need to talk to anyone I'm still here. We'll I've gotta go so I can do homework, study, practice my guitar, and write songs for our band. You could even help me if you want to!" I say the last part with an excited tone of voice. I almost jumped up and down at the last part. It was funny, well not to me but it must've been since Travis laughed. He had a cute laugh. I knew I liked Travis. I never told anyone tho. Larry would be pissed, Ash might kill me, Todd would hit with me his bullshit about Travis not being able to change, and Neil would understand, but when Neil gets excited or upset, he tells everything he knows, which would make everyone else mad at me even more because I didn't tell them even tho, they'd be mad. So, I kept I to myself.

"Yeah, uh, ok cool well thanks Sal. I'm glad you've decided to try to be my friend. I've never really had a friend or even be allowed to have one." Travis said while we started walking to Addison Apartments. "It feels nice, honestly. To have someone to talk to, hang out with, have fun with them, and yknow etc. It feels amazing! I'm just scared about what's going on with my dad and my mom... I don't like how she said it either... It didn't sound right... it sounded... I don't know... maybe... demonic or..." He trailed off. Clearly trying to think of a good phrase or word to describe it. He clearly couldn't find one. "I-I can't really describe it, Sal. It just wasn't right. That I know. It didn't feel like my mom talking. What can I expect tho, since my dad said he runs a whole entire fucking cult. Oh shit wait, you weren't supposed to know that. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Now I put your life in danger. Shit..." Sal looked at Travis with shocked and amazement.

"Trav, you might wanna tell me more. I already knew about this cult and the red eyed demon. The DOG cult. Devourers of God, to say the actual name. They're connected to Addison Apartments. They've infected almost everyone there. We know about them already. We've been trying to find put how to stop them. Travis," I paused, " would you help us stop the DOG cult? You don't have to, but you'd be helping save the world. Travis." Sal clearly surprised himself saying this. It had to be asked, he knew that. Travis seemed shocked but also clearly happy. His words he spoke sounded elated. It was natural since what his father did to him and his mother. It made sense what he said. It made total sense.

"Yes, Sal, I will. I want to put this God damned mother fucker in his rightful place. He deserves what God has planned for him, but looks like we'll be doing God's work for him this time." Travis said with no remorse. Sal was proud of how Travis had changed.

Sal just hoped Travis liked him back. After all, Travis is the only person Sal has ever loved romantically...