Chapter 6

Savannah woke up to the noise around her. She realized that she and the haughty man were still on the mysterious island they had been on before.

In front of the campfire that she had created, she observed him as his eyes were still close. The woman sat down and turned her attention to the rising sunlight. The morning had just begun.

She is wearing the same thing she was wearing when the cruise ship went down. She had a thankful expression on her face, and she was dressed in black shorts and a green t-shirt.

"Hello and good morning." Savannah cast her gaze in his direction. It was Phantom Claude. She nodded at him.

"Didn't even a boat pass by?" She inquired. The man shook his head. They let out a collective sigh.

"Then it's time for us to go get some food. If anything comes close to the island, we will definitely be aware of it." Savannah proposed.

Phantom had a focused look on his face as he observed Savannah. He was right; the woman is rather distinct from the other ladies he encounters in his life. While he was watching her moves, he smiled to himself in private.

He saw her get to her feet. He was completely oblivious to what the woman was saying. "Where are you going?" Phantom asked while appearing perplexed.

Savannah wore a frown. "I told you that we needed to get some food and water." She told him, "There are some fruit trees and a river nearby those trees." She had seen the trees the day before.

Even though he was a lawyer and a male, the man scratched his head since it appeared that the girl knew more than him about the subject at hand.

"Okay," Phantom responded.

He did not obey his parents or anyone else, especially a woman, and he did not believe that anyone would obey him. She was the first woman for whom he followed her commands.

The lady said to the man, "Bring that wood stick with you; the forest is certainly not a playground to play with," when she noticed that the man didn't appear to care about entering the forest as she was carrying steel from the debris of the cruise ship. "The forest is certainly not a playground to play with," the woman added.

When Phantom stared at the woman, who appeared to have the location of the entrance to the woodland ingrained in her memory, he was taken aback.

She seemed to be really intent. Since she had already made her way into the thick vegetation, he had no choice but to follow her trail.

"Do you do this very often?" He questioned Savannah out of the blue.

Since there were only the two of them in this area, Phantom wanted to get closer to the girl. In addition to this, the man's admiration for the woman grew with time.

She is not the same as those slutty b*tches, and she is not one of them. His pulse was quickening as he continued to study the expressionless face of the woman in front of him.

Savannah, who had been walking forward while striking the grass in front of them, came to a stop. She did not respond to Phantom, but she appears to be looking forward, as though she is picking up on something.

Savannah commanded, "Don't make any noise; I can hear something," in response to a request for silence.

The Phantom came to a standstill. He mimicked the actions that Savannah was taking. He felt it too. He does not have any previous experience in forests, much less in one such as this one. Hiking is another activity he abhors. Extreme sports were his thing, but not this particular one.

At the same moment, they were aware of the sound of rustling. "Did you hear it?" The woman spoke in a hushed tone. "Yes" was the response he gave.

After he had spoken, he was taken aback when the girl quickly ran in the direction in which she appeared to be pursuing someone.