Chapter 10

"Hey, you should sit beside me." Phantom said, tapping the place beside him. The man was sitting in front of the fire, but Savannah was far from him.

Phantom could clearly see the trembling of the woman not far from him. She was really stubborn and didn't even pay attention to what Phantom said.

Savannah lit the fire because Phantom didn't know, but it didn't go near the fire to warm itself.

They were stuck in this cave for hours. They did not attempt to get out; they feared that those pirates might be near here, and they would try to search for them.The cave was the best place to hide. They would not dare enter here, and this cave is in the heart of the forest.

"Savvy, you are hard-headed. You should come here. I don't bite." He mixed the words with a joke, but the woman seemed to be even more pissed off by what he said.

He heard her scowl and whisper words that he clearly heard. "You said you don't bite, but you stole a kiss. What do you think of that?" The woman said it sarcastically.

Phantom almost laughed at Savannah's words. The woman never fails to amaze him. She is such a wonderful person to be with.

"Just come here or else I will really bite your lips," he said seriously, even though he meant it as a joke in his tone.

Savannah was confused by what the man said; she didn't think about it anymore, so she quickly moved to the side of the man, but she didn't look at him.

Yes, and she's not like other women, but she's still a woman. She will feel embarrassed because she knows the man she's with has feelings for her.

"Let me share this blanket with you," Phantom said. Savannah abruptly rejects his offer. 

"No, it's yours. You still have a fever, so you need that," she told him.

The man shook his head. The man struggles to give the woman half of the blanket, but Savannah flatly refuses. Once again, the man will be frustrated.

"Please, Savvy, let's share. We're inside the cave; it's cool here," he said with a sigh in his voice. Savannah tried to argue, but Phantom stopped her.

"Please don't argue with me just this once." Every time he had a favor to do for Savannah, he had to beg.

He already knew the woman's attitude. He is no longer new to it, especially its rejection. He's just going with the flow of his decisions, but he's still pressuring the woman, especially for her own good.

Savannah wasn't looking at Phantom. She looked in a different direction because she didn't want to look at Phantom. The woman was embarrassed even more when she could hear her own heartbeat.

She restrained herself so that Phantom could not hear her heartbeat. She doesn't want him to show more confidence in his feelings for her.

Phantom sighed and pulled the woman to his side. It's very cold, but Savannah still refuses the comfort he offers.

Phantom knew she would reject it, but he needed to be persistent. The woman hadn't agreed to any of his words since the beginning. Even his confession was rejected because Savannah didn't believe it.

"You know, you are really hard to understand sometimes," said Phantom. Savannah's eyes were wide from sleep, but she heard what the man said.

"And you are stubborn, even more stubborn than me," he replied to the man.

The man laughed; he unconsciously hugged Savannah, which made the woman slap his hands. "Don't you dare," she threatened the man.

The man scratched his head. "Sorry, my hands just slipped suddenly," he answered sheepishly.