fourteen

wc: 3523warnings: threats, cursingnotes: this'll be an atlas chapter bc his character deserves it let's be real (and he might be my favorite)

wc: 3523
warnings: threats, cursing
notes: this'll be an atlas chapter bc his character deserves it let's be real (and he might be my favorite).

the three best friends walked down the streets together in unison. people gasped and watching them with cameras perched in their hands. who could blame them, they were three insanely attractive men and one of them just happened to be lucifer's son.

"they never fail huh?" azreal questioned peering over his sunglasses.

"nope, especially not with princey here." atlas mumbled pointing his thumb over in cardens direction.

he rolled his eyes shrugging the nickname off of him looking around, "yeah, yeah, let's just hope nobody alerts paparazzi."

they were all too used to this attention by now. they've been seen in tabloids together since they were no older than 5. all of the unwanted attention did tend to become annoying when all you wanted to do was have a peaceful day with your friends.

"what happened after the cocktail party carden? you and donica left pretty quickly." atlas questioned.

carden stuffed his fist in his pockets trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. "nothing. we were just super tired that's all." he lied. his best friends gave him a look before letting the painfully obvious lie go.

"what about you atlas your high looked like it went down by the time you left." azreal commented.

"yeah, i just went home and called up these two chicks that i-" atlas cut himself off not expecting to see the familiar face inside the cafe they were just passing.

it was mei.

she sat at a table by herself with a cup in her hands and she typed on her phone. her glasses perched far down on her nose and her pink lips were so plump and perfect. of course this wasn't atlas's first time running into her after their first meeting. he mysteriously found himself bumping into her on her morning run, when she went to go get coffee, even spotting her at a red light. even after all of his efforts (including figuring out her entire schedule) he still hadn't asked her for her number. some may call it a waste of time and energy, atlas liked to call it his game.

cardens and azreal paused their movements staring at him oddly due to his unexpected halt. "what's the problem?" carden asked trying to figure out what about a small cafe enticed him that much.

"uh- i'm going to grab a coffee really quick, you two go on i'll meet up with you later."

before they could protest or even give in an order he was already inside the door. they stood there dumbfounded before shrugging and slowly walking ahead.

atlas walked into the line peering at her from his peripheral view. he stood there still urging and waiting for her to finally look up and notice him. he just so happened to be right in front of her.