twenty

wc: 2578warnings: nonenotes: wanted to get this up by halloween but life happened

wc: 2578
warnings: none
notes: wanted to get this up by halloween but life happened. anyways happy no nut november even though i know half of yall mfs probably failed by now 😒

"do i put on something halloweeny?"

"hell if i know."

carden and donica felt like they were running around like chickens with their head cut off. they volunteered to take sauri out to go trick or treating in ms. cynthia's place. she had been running rampant with the legality of becoming the sole guardian of sauri while maintaining work and making sure all of sauri's needs were met.

so, the couple felt it was best to give her a little break for the night. plus, sauri was an angel so they didn't mind hanging out with her for a few hours.

"do we bring her some candy?" carden questioned.

donica shot him a look, "babe we're taking her trick or treating why would we bring her candy."

"so she can win the candy weighing contest, duh."

"honey... what do you think we're going to do right now?"

carden sat there silently questioning everything causing donica to roll her eyes and examine her outfit in the large mirror. the weather had been weird so sometimes it felt like summer and the other times it felt like autumn.

 the weather had been weird so sometimes it felt like summer and the other times it felt like autumn

"do i look fine?" she asked turning towards him.

"even better, you look sexy." he smirked moving close enough to wrap his arms around her waist.

she smiled and got on her tippy toes to place a kiss on his lips, "thanks, lover boy."

__________

donica huffed watching carden lug bags of candy up the stairs of ms. cynthia's town house. she had told him multiple times that he didn't need to bring any because she'd get plenty while they were out.

he had seemed to succumb to her ranting until he stopped at the store claiming to need a drink but walked out with enough candy to last sauri until she's twenty one. the might be an overreaction but it was still and unnecessary amount of candy.