Chapter 6

Jason didn't know why, but he decided to follow the stranger anyway. Even though it would be in his best interest to not do that but well, if things do turn out shady them, Jason had no doubt that he was able to handle himself. Unaware that the older man Dick was his very own archnemesis Catlad. Well, maybe he was being dramatic about that as Jason never thought that he would have his own villain to chase down. Even though it was Catwoman's sidekick who was a bit of a flirt and would act a little inappropriate but Jason didn't blame the guy as he probably learnt that from Selina.

Well, back to the present!

Dick would often glance at Jason and hums a soft tune as they got to a cafe. The place was small and empty with one person who seemed to be the only one working at the place. Jason could tell that this was new and hadn't gotten kicked started yet as it was barren with nothing but wooden table and chairs that are meant for customers wanting to be outside. He had always felt sorry for the small businesses that try so hard to make their customers and staff happy. But he wasn't one too quick to judge thought the tired smile on the only workers face said many things to him.

"I want one chocolate milkshake and chocolate cake, please." Jason asked as he went past Dick to speak his order, "One strawberry milkshake and villian cheesecake for me." Dick chirps up his order, looking cheery, making the worker grow flustered and laugh, "Coming right up!" They spoke up enthusiastically as they had a hop in their step as they went to make the two's drinks. This is what Jason would have liked in a partner someone joyful and can make those around them happy. Such a shame that they won't be seeing each other once they got their drinks and cake.