Chapter 14

Jason scrubbed at his skin, rubbing it red and sore. Covering it in soap, forgetting about the painful wounds that he had carried on him. Flinching Jason paused for a second and bite his bottom lip to prevent  a yelp from escaping his mouth. Normally, he was good at hiding his pain as Bruce had always taught him that showing it was a weakness. A weakness that could be easily used against him, which had caused wounds to heal slower and be infected because they were never treated immediately or properly as there is only so much that Alfred can do.

That poor man suffered from the sight of seeing and knowing how injured Jason and Bruce were even when they had tried to mask it up.

Jason sighed as his skin was now red. As he got out of the shower, the water had a pinkish tone to it, but not heavy. He didn't want to stain the perfect white towel in his blood, but he needed to get dry and quick and have his wounds look after again as well. So once he patted the skin around his wounds, avoiding contact on them as much as possible before putting his mask on and yells for Dick once he also had his shorts on and had unlocked one of the doors. "Can I have some fresh bandages?!" He yells out, making sure his voice could be heard throughout the halls downstairs.

Dick hears as he had almost forgotten about Jason's injuries and immediately got up to the young hero to aid him. He took pity at the sight of the boy who was covered in cuts and bruises and so he had gotten to work. Covering and cleaning the cuts and helping the boy in his suit as well when the young raven showed sighs of struggling, "Thank you." Robin said and looked away with a flustered face. Dick blinks before chuckling and teasingly wicking at the sidekick, "No problem, kiddo."