Chapter 8: Shiny

N's POV:

I finally went back to the building I went to 2 days ago. I have enough time to check what that shiny gold thing is. As I approached the crack I found the gold thing in, I heard something behind me. I turned to the source of the noise and it was just an old soda can that fell. I then looked in the crack and there it was. I then picked up the object, it felt strangely warm, it also felt like it was really important. I then carried it outside, maybe this thing is important. I looked around me to see if anything else would catch my attention. And then put my wings out and get ready to fly until I heard another noise behind me. I looked to see what made the noise and it was just some metal cup. It felt like someone was watching me. I would then ignore these feelings as I made my way to the spire.

Some time later:

J's POV:

I was on top of a rooftop of some buildings after hunting for any worker drones, then I spotted N flying to the spire. "N! Come down here!" I commanded him. He landed near me and I then noticed he was holding some gold object. "What are you doing? You're supposed to be hunting worker drones not taking some jewelry. Do you all you know is to be completely useless?" I scolded him. N has alway been useless and terrible, and lately V has been acting strange lately, but as long as V's new strange behavior doesn't affect her job, I don't care."Sorry J, I thought this was important." N being the clumsy idiot that he is, dropped this object on the ground and it fell down to the street below. The gold object then glowed with a blue light. A shockwave can be seen and it affected a nearby car and a vending machine. The car and vending machine then started shaking. And the vending machine and car turned into robots?

The car and vending machines looked confused, and they spotted us. They were staring at me and N, their hands looked like guns but they didn't shoot. I was frozen in shock. Did the object turn them into this or did it activate them? So many questions, the robots looked as afraid of us as we are afraid of them. The robots looked like monstrosities, it's like you but a bunch of scrap metal together with parts of something resembling a car or a vending machine. Their red eyes stared at us. We stood there for what felt like an eternity until missiles hit both of them, it killed them instantly. I looked around and saw it was V who shot the missiles. "T-Thanks V, I was kinda scared." N said nervously. V looked strangely pleased with what N said. V has started to act weird whenever she was near N for the past 5 days. It is kind of creepy, but I won't do anything about it if it doesn't affect her performance. I looked at the corpses of the two robots and I noticed some neon pink liquid from the bodies. I then picked up the golden object. It was strangely warm to the touch. Maybe I can get a promotion for such a device. "N, you finally did something not useless for once." I said, N looked at me with a confused look. "With this device, surely the company will be proud. You finally made me proud." I said, N's reaction was of happiness. I hope this doesn't go in his head. I noticed V was giving me a strange look, it was one of jealousy and hatred. "Come on." I then spread out my wings and flew back to the spire.