Chapter 12: New Member

J's POV:

Just another night dealing with these idiots, V still acts strange whenever she is near N. N is a clumsy idiot, a burden to my squad. I then spotted another disassembly drone heading my way at top speeds. The disassembly drone I identified as Serial Designation E, she was assigned to a city not far from here. E then crashed into a building right next to me. "E what are you doing in my territory, where is your squad leader Serial Designation A?" I asked her, and I noticed she seemed terrified. "A is dead, C is also dead, everyone in my squad is dead! Those things killed them." E answered on the brink of crying. "I'm so scared that I fled like a coward. A didn't stand a chance. I saw him die. I didn't know where to go so I flew away until I ended up here." E is wearing a coat similar to N's with short white hair with a pilot's hat. E is an emotional wreck right now. N and V landed nearby, probably wondering what happened. "what are you doing here?" N said with a concerned voice. N then helped E get on her feet, I noticed V had a look of jealousy. "T-Thanks, I flew here. My squad was killed by t-those th-hings. They killed them so easily." E said she was scared of whatever killed her squad. "What killed them?" I asked. "Some giant robots. I don't know what they are, but they can turn into some sort of fighter jet. They easily killed A and C." E explained, she was stuttering the whole time, E then cried into N's coat with N patting her on the back. I looked at V to see her reaction, V looked angry at N and E, I wonder why. "E! You can live with us. Now let's get back to the spire. The sun will rise in an hour." I said as I let out my wings and prepared to fly. E then got up and let out her wings, N and V followed. We then flew back to the spire.

Later at the spire:

As we arrived I saw V staring daggers at E."E welcome to our spire" I said, "Now introductions, I'm J the leader of this squad" "Hi I'm N" V just hissed at E. "And this is V, she is awesome." N said. I prepared to go to sleep. We have to hunt tomorrow night. I then drifted to sleep. I saw the other also preparing to sleep.

Tomorrow night:

V's POV:

I can't believe how close N and E have become. E has only known N since last night and they act like really close friends. E was talking about something to N, and N laughed at that statement. She is stealing N from you! Get rid of her. Quick, before she takes N. The voice returns. The voice has a point, I must tell my feelings to N. I approached N and before I could speak. "N, make yourself useful and show E around this place. Me and V will be out hunting." J ordered. "Okay J. I will do it, you can count on me. I will do my best to get E familiar with this place." N said in his usual happy tone. What! N and E have time alone together while I have to hunt. As much as I love hunting worker drones I can't stand the fact that another drone gets time alone with my N. What if E becomes closer to N, what if E takes N for herself. I don't thi- no I can't let that happen. "V! Hurry up!" J said, she looked annoyed. I angrily stomp my way toward J. We then flew to hunt worker drones. I doubt the taste of oil will distract me from the thought of E getting close with N.