Chapter 18: Interruption

V's POV:

Another dream or is it memories. Me, N, and Tessa were in a library. Me and N were reading random books since we were bored and our shift ended. Tessa has to read some book about some scientist playing god with corpses or something. "What is this?" N asked as he pulled out a book. It is titled "Elliot family history". N opened through random pages. N opened a random page and it showed a picture of a man in some swamp, another man can be seen being eaten by a crocodile. The bottom of the picture reads "Chris Elliot's expedition, 1898". N opened another random page and it was a photo of presumably a man who had his arms around a woman, the woman had a thumbs up with a deadpan expression judging from the eyes, it looked like they were in some park. At the bottom it read "Max and Kirie Elliot, April 22nd 2045." N flipped to another random page and we learned that a person named Tom Elliot designed the first worker drone prototype. We were reading through the book when Cyn appeared out of nowhere. "Hello Big brother N." Cyn has a tendency to appear out of nowhere when me and N are alone. "What is it, Cyn?" N asked his little sister. "You said that we were going to have a movie night." Cyn said. She spoke in a strange tone like she was somewhat broken and her body movements were strange. "Oh right, I almost forgot." N replied. "Want to join us V?" N asked. "I love to." I replied. N then closed the book and put it back on the shelf. We then made our way to the basement.

Later we we're watching a movie with Cyn, Cyn was really into the movie. I put my hand on N's hand, we exchanged glances and blushed. We closed our eyes and leaned for a kiss, our lips were about to make contact when I felt something being thrown at me. I opened my eyes and saw that J had thrown a rock at my face. "Wake up!" J yelled. "Ow, what the hell J!" I angrily yelled at J."I told you to wake up 20 minutes ago. Now we have to hunt tonight and I can't have you slacking. Now get up before I throw another rock at you." J scolded me, I sighed and landed on the ground. I'm pissed off that J woke me up at the best part. J just glared at me like I was a disobedient child. "Come on, let's go!" J demanded, she was really impatient. I spread out my wings and prepared to fly.

A few hours later:

My mood didn't change, I was still pissed off that J woke me up and the thought of E taking what is rightfully mine doesn't help. It soured my appetite for oil but I still have to drink.......I wonder.....if N is alone. Maybe this might be a chance to make N mine. I looked over and saw him hunting alone. How convenient. Thank robo god for this opportunity. "Hey N, I have to tell you some." I said while I approached him. "You see N, I lo--" "HEY N!" E yelled as she landed. Great. She is here. "I found this strange cube!" E said with enthusiasm, she was holding a plastic cube with multiple color stickers on each side in a 3 x 3 grid. "That's really cool!" N said with excitement as he looked at the cube in amazement. "Wait V, you said you wanted to tell me something, what you wanted to say?" N asked me. "Nothing, forget it." I said in annoyance and flew away. I have to kill that bitch for trying to steal N from me. This night has been terrible.