Chapter One

Austin's Point Of View:

It's been a year since I, "died". It's been almost six months since I've seen Anastasia and, it's been hard. After seeing her that final time, I decided that I should stop torturing myself and skip town. So I did.

That's how I ended Lanikai Beach in Oahu, Hawaii. I own a small little hut near the water. I work in a hotle near by at the bar and spend my off days fishing. I don't date and any other spare time I have is spent drinking until I become numb.

That is my goal, to stay numb.

Staying numb means, I don't miss Anastasia as much. It helps the sting of regret from keeping me up all night.

I sigh as I sit on the beach, listening to waves, watching the sunset and, drinking another beer. Anyone else would be in awe of the viewing before me but, without Anastasia, everything is dull and gray.

All of this means, nothing.

I sigh and stand up, dusting off the back of my work pants. I had to head to the hotel for the night shift. It was a big night, some millionaire is planning on proposing to his girlfriend tonight.

I take one more sip of my beer before tossing it in a,nearby trash can.

As I head towards the road that will lead me to work, I can't help but look back at the sunset. For some reason, for the first time since I've been here, it almost seems, nice. Like it means something. My heart picks up speed and I wonder why.

Something tells me my world is about to get, brighter. Which is impossible, since Anastasia is the only one who can light up my world.