Chapter Twenty

Anastasia's Point Of View:

Christian and Austin sit in front of me, staring.

I stare back, my heart racing.

I have to choose but, I....

"Ms. Steele." Taylor steps into the room.

I wonder if Christian knows about what he did last night.

The hurt expression in Christian's eyes tells me that he does.

"Before you choose, there are two factors you should know."

Taylor turns and faces Austin, "Mr. Austin was planning on leaving to another country, to commit suicide."

I gasp and whirl around to face him.

Austin has his head hanging low and his hands covering his face.

"Why....why would you do that?!" I scream at him, tears pooling again in my eyes.

"To get to my next lifetime. There's nothing left here for me in this one. My mom is dying, my dad is in jail, hell, I'm supposed to be dead. And worst of all, I was losing you....I....I couldn't stand to keep watching you be torn apart between us."

"Austin...." I start but, Taylor cuts me off.

"You should also know that Mr. Grey, is the reason that Mr. Austin never came back for you. Mr. Grey threatened to kill him if he didn't leave on a jet that last Sunday we went to the cemetery."

"Christian!" I scream at him now, tears falling.

"I did it to protect you, Anastasia!" He screams back, standing up.

"If you never would have met this fucker, we would be married by now!" He yells and starts to pace, running his fingers through his hair.

Austin stands up too and walks over to me.

He stares into my eyes for a moment then, kisses me gently on the lips.

"Next liftime." He whispers in my ear as he hugs me.

He lets go and heads for the front door.

I chase after him, screaming his name.

When I make it to the front door, he's already in the car.

"Austin! I choose you! I choose you!" I shout as loud as I can and chase after the car but, he's gone...