Chapter Nine

Taylor's Point Of View:

I stand back and watch as Mr. Grey gets into position to fight. Mr. Austin on the other hand, simply shakes his head and stands up.

"You don't deserve anymore than I do!" Austin snarls through clenched teeth.

"Yeah, well I didn't accept a hundred million dollars to fake my death." Christian snarls back.

"What?" Ms. Steele asks, her eyes wide.

Mr. Austin inhales deeply before turnung to face Ms. Steele.

"Ana,I did. I accepted the money that,...."

"You see, Ana, he doesn't care about you!" Christian reaches out and grabs Ms. Steeles arm but, she snatches away.

"Who gave you that money?" She asks Mr. Austin, though her eyes are locked in on Mr. Grey.

"Christian did. He came to me, after I was given a fresh dose of morphine and told me to sign something so that you would be kept safe. I was...so high off the medicine, I didn't think to read it. So, I just signed it."

"Ana, let me explain...."Mr. Grey begins but, Ms. Steele cuts him off again.

"What happened next?" She asks Austin, this time making eye contact with him.

"I was moved into a private room on the very top floor of thr hospital, my face was wrapped up and they started calling me by a new name. I didn't understand why until, I saw the news. By then, it was too late. By the time I put the pieces toegther, I couldn't come out the hospital claiming to be me without facing time in prison. Or, without hurting you. Because telling the whole truth would send Christian to jail. So, I went ghost."

The small opening was silent. Ms. Steele turned and stared out at the ocean before turning back to face each of them.

"Why didn't you come see me?" She looks at Mr.Austin with hurt eyes.

"I did see you, almost every Sunday for three months, at the cemetery."

Ms. Steele lets out a small gasp and covered her mouth.

She shakes her head and snatches the locket off of her neck and throws it at him. She then slides off her engagement ring and tosses it at Mr. Grey.

"Taylor, I would like to go back to Seattle now. Please. "

With that, she picks up her purse, shoes and a flashlight and leaves both men behind.