Kinemortophobia Part 2 (JevKnight)

Series: Hermitcraft (fanmade season)

Plot: Grian and Scar play a prank on Jevin and Wels, but they unknowingly take it too far...

TW: HEAVY ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACK

(Note: Jevin goes by He/They in this os, its just a personal headcanon of mine)

A few months have passed since the initial incident, and from then on it was much easier for Wels to deal with his fear. Anytime he forgot to light up a space before putting a roof on a build, or just needed someone to talk to after a nightmare or, in one case, a really bad episode, he had Jevin to call on. And Jevin could do the same with Wels.

In those few months, the two had decided to work together on a mega build. When they found out that Xisuma installed a mod to let them pick up spawners so long as they had silk touch and diamond pickaxes, they decided not to make max capacity "blow-up-the-server-levels-of-lag" mob farms like any sane Hermit (cough cough Mumbo cough), but instead to make a multi-level dungeon. It was nothing crazy, not like Decked Out, but it was still a fun challenge for the ones who attempted it in it's work-in-progress stages. They decided to call the project "Skystone Tower," since the amount of levels planned to be in it were so vast that it went all the way to the sky limit (that and it of course was made of stone).

Every floor used a different combination of mobs, and sometimes just different amounts of mobs. When Jevin insisted they had a room mass full of zombies, Wels got to work on a room jam packed with silverfish. It was a fair trade.

Meanwhile, they were in direct cahoots with Grian and Scar, since those two were allied with Etho and Beef and that duo had planned to make a similar challenging game experience. Friendly rivalries ensued, pranks followed less than an hour later, yada yada, classic Hermitcraft.

What Jevin and Wels didn't expect from those two was for them to trap them in their own tower. You see, the two creators of the Skystone Tower made a few very clear rules, and one of those rules is that you had to enter the dungeon with unenchanted iron armor and tools at most. And of course, to properly do their own test runs, they had to abide by their own rules. So, while in the middle of swapping out their near god armor for the dingy iron, Grian and Scar ambushed them in an elytra based swoop, sweeping them off of their feet and flying them up to whatever level they felt like. Wels had not finished putting in the iron bar windows, so half of the tower's windows were very open.

Scar, who was holding the knight and immediately starting to struggle carrying him with all his armor, just swooped into the nearest level he could get to and dropped him there. Wels, after the initial shock of surprise and being unable to do anything about it anyway, just nervously laughed along with it until he saw the spawner in the middle of the room.

Jevin struggled much more against Grian, but his jelly-like build rendered him much lighter, and Grian's wings were far more developed and strong than any classic elytra anyway, so to the higher levels they went. Jevin sighed once they landed, reaching into their pocket for the remote to the system they kept on them. With both of them having major fears, Jevin and Wels agreed that there had to be an emergency exit, or at least a way to shut off the spawners in case it got too much for the player to handle. Jevin quickly realized that he didn't have said remote, and turned to look at a flying away, smirking Grian who held not one, but two emergency controllers in his hand.

Jevin thought that was fine, they were on the skelton-spider-enderman floor and all they had to do was beat it and go down the "Quitter's Elevator" as they deemed it, a one way ticket downwards and to the bottom of the tower.

Wels found the part about the controllers too, much sooner and to much more dismay when he could only watch as the 2x2x2 spawner in the middle of the room threw forth at least a dozen zombies, at least one or two being clad in some armor. He desperately felt in his inventory, quickly realizing he didn't pick up the iron tools before being rushed away. He leaned out the open window, the drop from there to the floor being obviously too much to handle, and Scar already having fled the nearby scene to commune with Grian.