Kiri

All speech will now be Na'vi, bold italics will be English :)

***

Grace's daughter was born a few days later. Jake was the first to hold her in his arms.

"Do you have a name?" he asked his wife, who shook her head. 

"You decide, ma Jake. A sensible name, of course." 

"Of course," he repeated, smiling dryly at her and rolling his eyes. 

He looked down at the tiny baby, who seemed small even compared to Neteyam. Ilhia had hold of him, squirming in her arms and clapping his hands together. They were still in the old base. 

"She has five fingers and toes!" Jake said in awe, lifting the baby's hand with a finger. 

"That means she will take after you," Ilhia snickered. "Eywa help us all." 

Eywa had produced such a miracle. His mind wandered as he tried to think of a name. 

Grace may be her biological mother, but Jake knew deep down that this baby was sent by Eywa. He'd try to honour Her wishes. 

What were the seeds of the sacred tree? Atokirina? 

"Kiri," he mumbled. 

"Kiri?" Ilhia repeated. "I love it." 

"Sweet Kiri," he cooed at the baby. "My baby girl, sweet Kiri." 

Tsu'tey and Neytiri practically begged Ilhia and Jake to introduce their babies to the clan. Jake was pretty unobservant, but Ilhia told him that Neytiri was furthering her Tsahik training, and had almost completed it. When she did, she and Tsu'tey would be mated, and they would begin a family of their own. 

The two Na'vi already considered Leypa, Neteyam and Kiri extensions of their own children. His kids were lucky to be raised by a village, with a lot of love. 

Ilhia was honoured. They both were. 

And so Tsu'tey and Neytiri gathered the clan together at the bottom of their home. Jake had asked if Norm, Trudy and Max could come, and Tsu'tey had agreed. They were all there. 

Jake stood between Mo'at and Ilhia, with Neytiri holding Ilhia's hand on her other side. Mo'at had her hand on Jake's upper arm, and Jake's own arm was wrapped over Ilhia's shoulders, Kiri sleeping soundly on his chest with his other arm supporting her. Leypa was tucked in between his parents, holding onto Jake's leg and Ilhia's hand. They all gazed upon Tsu'tey holding the baby boy, and watched him gently raise him into the sky.

"Neteyam!" Tsu'tey announced clearly, a wide smile on his face. 

"Neteyam!" the People chorused all around them. Jake glanced at his wife, who was grinning just as much as her brother in law with tears in her eyes. 

Mo'at squeezed his arm, pride written all over her face. 

Tsu'tey held Netty in the sky for a heartbeat longer, and then brought him down, handing him to Mo'at. Jake had never thought he'd see the day that the Na'vi man would smile genuinely at him, but the Olo'eyktan did so as he gently took Kiri from her father's arm. 

Jake's throat felt hot as he looked at Neteyam, who was reaching for Mo'at's face and babbling to himself. 

How had he gotten this lucky? 

Tsu'tey repeated the process, lifting little Kiri up and introducing her to the clan, who repeated her name back to them. 

Jake kissed the side of Ilhia's head, fiddling with her pxen around her neck.