Memories

I looked at him shocked. He didn't break eye contact. 

I felt myself begin to cry too. 

He made his way over to me, pulling me into a hug. 

"I'm sorry I can't remember you... Us... But I want to... I won't stop until I remember you, I promise..." I hugged him tightly.

"I love you, Wally." He tensed up.

"I..." I looked at him and sadly smiled.

"You don't have to say it back. I don't expect you to." He sighed, nodding.

He really wants to remember...

He looked at me with a loving look. 

"Thank you for being so patient. I know it must be very difficult." I nodded.

"I don't feel like I'm being patient." I laughed. 

"Hah... Hah... Hah... More patient than I would have been." I smiled at him. 

"Did you want to watch TV or something?" He nodded.

 "Just for a bit, though. I have to go back to Barnaby's." I nodded.

I'm really gonna miss him staying here.

We sat down on the couch and I turned on the TV. I felt him lay his head on my shoulder. 

"_____________, can I tell you something?" I rested my head on his. 

"Of course, anything." He sighed. 

"I can see why I loved you. I'm sorry I'm not there yet, but I can see what made me love you." I smiled, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into a hug. 

"You're not still... upset over Home?" He shrugged.

"Well, of course I am. Barnaby explained everything though, and judging by the circumstances I can't really be angry with you, although I will admit there is a bit of resentment, not towards you though." I sat up, looking at him. 

"Resentment?" He nodded.

"Not enough to make me angry with you, as I understand why you did it. I just... Wish it didn't have to be done is all." I nodded. 

"I understand. I'm sorry that had to happen. If there was any other way to save everyone... You... I would've-" He cut me off. 

"Please, don't apologize. You saved the neighborhood. There's no reason to apologize for that. However, we should clean the ashes." I looked at him in confusion. 

"Home's ashes? Why?" He looked at me with a sympathetic look. 

"Home will return. The ashes must be scattered." I nodded. 

"So, we'll get the neighborhood together tomorrow and do that." I leaned on him, and felt his arm wrap around me. 

He pulled me in close, resting his head on mine. 

"I do care about you." He whispered. I smiled. 

"I care about you too, Wally."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sun in my face. I looked over and noticed Wally was asleep next to me on the couch. 

He must have fallen asleep. 

I slowly got up, trying not to wake him. 

I'll make him breakfast.

 I made my way into the kitchen and began cooking. 

Pancakes. I'll make pancakes, just like he did for me. 

I quickly finished cooking, putting them on a tray and making my way to the couch. I lightly shook Wally until he woke up. He got up and stretched. 

"Did I fall asleep? Oh, what time is it?" I looked at the clock. 

"About ten." He jumped up. 

"TEN? Oh my, I can't sleep in this late!" I put my hand on his shoulder, calming him down. 

"Hey, Home is gone. You're safe." He quickly calmed down, sitting down. He cleared his throat

"I... I apologize for my outburst." I shook my head. 

"Don't be. Here, I made you breakfast." I handed him the tray and he took it. He looked at me in a loving way. 

"You made me breakfast? That was sweet of you, thank you. But... I don't eat in front of others... I apologize." He tried handing me the tray back, but I shook my head. 

"You've already eaten in front of me, Wally. I know how you eat with your eyes." He looked at me, his face turning bright orange. 

"I have? Ah, well... Thank you then." He smiled. 

He scooped up a piece with a fork. He hesitated for a moment, but then blinked. I watched as it disappeared. He turned to me and smiled. 

"These are wonderful, thank you!" I nodded. 

"It's what you made me when I first arrived." He ate another piece, turning to me. 

"How did you arrive in the neighborhood?" I looked at him sadly. 

"Honestly, I don't know. I think Home brought me from my world." Wally cocked his head. 

"Your world? So, you're not from here?" I shook my head. 

"No, I knew of you though. I used to watch Welcome Home all the time growing up." Wally smiled. 

"Oh! I'm glad you enjoyed our show!" He took another bite of his pancakes. I smiled. 

"It was my favorite show." He turned to me once again. 

"What was your favorite segment?" I thought for a moment. 

"I loved watching you paint." He froze, dropping his fork. I sat next to him. 

"Wally? Are you okay?" He quickly grabbed both my shoulders, nearly dropping the tray of pancakes. 

"I REMEMBER THAT!" I looked at him in confusion and excitement. 

"What?" He smiled. 

"I remember you telling me that! We were in Home, and you said you always enjoyed my paintings! You always tried to copy them!" He quickly pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. 

"I'm starting to remember!"