Chapter 10🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

| Miles |

STILL AT THE SIRENIO EVENT

"Dude, you're a Sirenio?" Anthony gawked at me.

"But Mr Stark just said that the missing heir to the Sirenio is a woman," Eloise said in confusion.

"Does than mean you're the one who's supposed to be taking over from your father,"

"He's not my father,"

"But she just said you're a Sireni-"

"I'm not a Sirenio and he's not my father," I turned back to Auntie Genevieve who's eyeing me with a knowing look.

"So you didn't tell your friends who you are," she said.

"They are business colleagues, not friends," I murmured. "And I don't need to tell them anything. It would have been nice to keep it that way," I said looking at her with a disappointed look.

"Boy don't give me that look, I'm still you Auntie," she said backhanding my arm. I laughed quietly. "No one knows who you are,"

"No," I said. "Well, aside from them and Indra," Auntie Gen gasped.

"Laurie's girl?" she said. I nodded. "Oh my, I haven't seen her since forever. Tell her I said hi," I nodded. "How are you doing Miles?" I sucked in a sharp breath, looking away, into the crowded hall. "I didn't get a chance to check up on you after you guys left. So..." she tilted her head, watching me closely. "Are you happy baby?"

Auntie Genevieve is my mother's sister, but a lot of times she felt like my own mother. Admittedly, my mother was never against me transitioning, it was my father who'd force her to turn her back on me. Even when my Grandma left with Indra and I, he'd basically cursed the day I was born. Especially because my mom was falling sick, with everything that's happening.

Needless to say, I am the cause of their demise.

"As happy as I can be," I said looking back at her. "It's not exactly something I'd like to talk about in public," I said looking back at the three curious eyes.

"Okay," she said nodding. "What are you doing now?" she asked, subconsciously fixing my collar. "You look so handsome. Your mother would be proud," she said. I rolled my eyes. "Are you working?"

"Yeah," I said. "I work for Mr Stark," I said gesturing to the man with the curious eye.

"Oh still in the business industry, I see," she said with a proud smile. "You and I both know this is your calling. You wouldn't have had it another way. What are you? COO?" I pursed my lips at that, looking away. "What?"

"I'm his PA," I said. Auntie Genevieve blinked at me, as if she didn't hear me. "Personal Assist-"

"I know what PA means. I have one," she said. "Boy what is wrong with you?" I ducked when she threw her purse at me.

"Ow! What's that for?" I said laughing.

"What in the hell is wrong with you?" she repeated. "This very event was set up for the heir of Sirenio to take over," she began. "You, little rat. You're a leader. And what do you do? You become somebody else's lapdog. You're not cut out for PA, that's no-"

"What's wrong with being a PA?" I asked her. "I like the job and I think I do a pretty good job-"

"Good job, my foot," I ducked again when she swung the bag at me. "I want to hug your neck so tight right now," she said. "Do you not realise the disaster we're about to face here? Your father's appointing Eugene CEO,"

"How is that my proble- ow!" I said rubbing the side of my head. "You're seriously going to assault me in front of so many witnesses?"

"Honey, I call the shots here," she said with a smirk. "And you are making me so damn angry. PA, Miles. PA,"