Chapter 30

| MR STARK |

“Where you going?” I groaned in my sleep, holding onto Miles who keeps shuffling away. “Stay,”

“Sorry baby,” he says quietly, and I feel his lips on my face briefly. Did he just call me baby? “I have some things to take care of before we leave,” I peeked one eye open looking up at him. His hand is on my hair, no doubt ruffling the already messy hair. “You get some sleep, okay? It’s still five in the morning,”

“Too early,” I all but whined. “Come back to bed,” he giggled quietly, kissing my lips softly.

“I won’t be long,” he said before the bed shifted with his weight being lifted off. I moved quickly and strike his ass. “Hey! Hands to yourself, sir,” I smirked watching that ass disappear into his bathroom.

“Did you call me baby?” I asked, the thought lingering in my head. There’s silence for a moment before a loud ‘No,’ and he slammed the door shut. I smiled. “That’s definitely a yes,”

I must have dozed off immediately because when I wake up, I’m still alone and it’s almost half past seven. I looked around Miles’ room and burrowed myself in his covers. His addictive scent is all over the bed.

I dragged myself out of my bed, stretching myself before going about with my day. I hopped in for a quick shower and did my morning routine. Once I’m done and all dressed up, I made my way out find Miles.

I’d just about looked every familiar place and he’s nowhere to be seen. I made my way to the dining area, for breakfast. I find everyone having breakfast and still Miles isn’t here.

“Yo,” I looked up to see uncle Dez smirking at me. Oh shit. My mind takes me back to the broken bed. “Heard you had quite a night,” I sat down, ignoring every snicker around the table and levelled the man with a look.

“Not my fault ya’ll have crusty beds,” he just about loses it, his laughter booming above all the others, while he’s hitting his knee. I have a small smile on my face, wondering how Miles is going to take this. It’s not even nine yet and everyone knows about the bed.

“Poor kid,” he says, going for another one of his jabs. “I don’t see Miles yet. Do I need to send a walking stick for him?” I snorted at that.

“I believe he mentioned a thing or two about his back,”

“Badass,” he said laughing just as Miles walked in, on the phone. He paused by the door, eyeing everyone. When his eyes fell on mine, he visibly groans. “Hey, look who’s walking,”

“Nope,” he said turning around. “I am not doing this,” I laughed quietly.

“Desmond, leave my baby alone,” Mrs Sirenio speaks up, eyeing Miles. Just then, he’s pushed back by his younger brother, who’s spotting an amused look on his face. Ludo sits a grumbling Miles next to their mother, who smiles warmly at them.

Seconds after Miles places his phone down, it starts ringing again. He eyes it with a serious look for a moment before excusing himself. I wondered what he was up to but shrugged it off. If it’s anything serious, I trust him to tell me. 

Breakfasts consists of the constant jabs about the bed and Miles going back and forth with his non-stop phone calls and he finally gives up breakfast. I’m left paranoid about what was happening. By the time I make it back to our spot, I’m a little moody.

“You’re seriously going to Russia?” Anthony asked me, eyeing me sideways.

“I can stop by Ukraine if you want me to,” I said eyeing my phone.