Chapter 49

| MR STARK |

The house is in pretty good shape, I have to admit. Seeing it from the outside, it looked like it might collapse. And with a house full right now, I was afraid that might actually happen. It’s designed to looked like a cottage house and it only has two bedrooms.

“Would you like some water, sir?” I looked down at the little girl, Faith, holding a glass of water for me.

“Thank you,” I smiled at her, taking the surprisingly clean glass. I basically chugged the whole thing. It might have been the nerves. It’s been hours and it’s getting dark outside, but we’ve had no news from either Aaron or the doctors. Wesley had gone in there as well.

“Man, this is killing me,” Hae-Jin groaned, stretching himself as he stood up, walking about. “What’s taking them so long?” he eyed the door.

“Uncle Aaron said not to let anybody in there. It’ll distract the doctors,” Faith spoke up, offering the next glass to Indra, who thanked her softly.

“Yeah, but they should at least give us an update,” Nate murmured standing up to stretch himself as well.

When my phone rang, I winced eyeing the slowly dying battery before answering Genevieve’s call. “Hello?”

“Mr Stark, hi,” she seems out of breath. “We’re in South Africa and I wanted to know about Miles’ whereabouts,” she said. “Which hospital was he take-“

“He’s not in hospital,” I said.

“What do you mean? He was hurt. He needs-“

“It’s…uh, a little complicated, but Miles is with me right now. I’ll let you know if anything comes-“

“What? That doesn’t make sense. What happened to Miles? Why isn’t he in a hospital? He needs medical attention,”

“And he’s getting medical attention as we speak, ma’am,”

“Well…tell me where you are, and I’ll come to-“

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,”

“What?” I winced, hating how weird I must sound. “What’s going on?”

“I’m sorry, I cannot tell you any more information as of now, but I’ll let you know of any updates. I can send you Miles’ home address and you can wait there,” she’s quiet for a moment.

“Don’t keep me waiting,”

“Yes ma’am,” I said before hanging up. I sent her Miles’ address quickly, just as a man walked in, eyeing us like we’re lost.

“Samir,” Faith smiled at the man, going to hug him.

“Hi Faith,” he said still looking at us. “What’s…going on here?” he looks down at her. “Who are these people?”

“They’re here to see Uncle Miles,” she told me.

“Oh,” he said looking at each of us. “Does Sahib know they’re here?”

“Yes, he brought them here,” the little girl confirms.

Sahib?” Sam repeats with a frown, looking the man up and down.

“Uh, Sahib didn’t tell me they were coming. I would have brought more food,” he looks worried by the mere thought. Shaking himself out of it, he heads for the door where they were busy with Miles. He knocked three times. “Sahib?”

Seconds later, the door swung open, and Aaron peeked out. When he saw the man, he rolled his eyes and closed the door again. Samir didn’t look fazed by it and instead waited by the door. It opened about a minute later and out walked Aaron and Wesley.