Chapter 12

| Miles |

SIRENIO OFFICE

"You did great," Ludo says, standing next to me. "Seriously, you were bitch and badass in there. Honestly, no one's ever talked to father that way," he said. "It was hilarious," I grabbed my phone, dialling Indra's number. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I casted him a look, placing the phone to my ear.

"I mean, after what happened in there," he inquired.

"Is there a room I can use?" I asked him, looking around.

"Yeah, over there," he pointed at the door, opposite the boardroom. "No one uses it," I hurried to the said room just as Indra picked up my call.

"Hi,"

"Hey," I let out a heavy breath, sinking on the floor, my heart still hammering. I can't believe I just did that. "Uh...can you-" I sucked in a sharp breath. "I think I'm about to have a panic attack," I said leaning my head back. "I just need to hear your voice," I let out shakily.

"Okay, uhm..." Indra is quiet and for a second, I thought she'd hung up. "I'm kind of in the middle of something important here. Some clients came in today and I'm running errands for the COO. Do you think you listen?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "That works too. I just need to hear something familiar. I feel like I'm losing it,"

"I'm right here, okay?" Indra says softly. "Just take deep breaths. Pace yourself and listen to my voice. You can talk if you want to as well,"

"Thank you,"

For the next few minutes, I sat behind the closed door, listening to Indra talk to the said clients. It was something familiar to me. Both the subject at hand and her voice and I was slowly calming down. I paced my breathing.

"You're doing great, Miles," Indra commented. "Keep taking deep breaths,"

I listened to her talk to the clients, the heels clicking on the tiled floors, and I pictured myself in that familiar environment, where my life is peaceful and has purpose that is not harmful. I'd thank God every day for giving me a boss like Mr Stark. He's nothing like my father.

"How are you feeling?" Indra speaks up after a while.

"Better," I said a whole lot of calm. "Much better," I whispered. "I did something and...I'm kind of freaking out. Not because I actually did it, but because it's something I never thought I'd do,"

"Is it a bad thing?" Indra asked me.

"It depends," I said scrunching my nose. "There's a good chance I'll end up in jail," she gasped.

"Miles!" she whisper shouted. I laughed. "Take that back right now,"

"I'm serious. I honestly don't know what to do now. Mr Stark will probably fire me,"

"Does it have something to do with business?"

"Yes," I said with a sigh. "I'll tell you," I murmured, my eyes darting around the room. It's dimly lit. It would definitely work if I were to call Mr Stark to- no Miles, don't think like that. You can't think like that. The man is about to get married for God's sake. "I'll tell you everything. Just not...now. When I get home,"

"Okay then...don't keep me waiting," she said.

"I think we're done here. We might have to go back to Seattle to report back to the Romans. It was a success,"

"Yay! That's my bestie," Indra cheered, and I fought the urge to roll my eyes, and immediately shivered when my mind took me back to last night. "Congratulations,"