I'll Wait (DreamnotFound)

TW:

-Heyyyyyy. So this chapter is based off a song called "I'll Wait" by Kygo and Sasha Sloan

-I'm excited for this and this obviously isn't my song and I hope its good! It'll probably be long

-angst

☾︎★✯✩🫧🫧🫧✩✯★

Quick background info:
In England, George and Dream have been in a relationship since they were really little and now Dream has left for college in America whereas George is staying in England. This is the 2nd year of college. George did good the first year, the two would call every night but now it's just not the same. They don't call anymore.

★✯✩

George's POV:

George waved goodbye to some random people that were in his class as he walked towards his dorm. He reaches his door and unlocks it, he closes the door behind and leans on it, letting out a sigh. The only dorms left were the single rooms and the silence kills him. When he used to live with Dream they used to sing and the taller one would play music on his guitar for George. It's too quiet.

I'll never forget the songs we used to play
And when I put 'em on
The feeling never fades out my body
I hope you're thinking of me (mhm)

George walks over towards the large window on the wall, dropping his backpack somewhere in his room on the way over. He hasn't bothered to clean his room in so long that where it goes doesn't matter. He throws open the window and rests his forearms on the windowsill. He takes a deep breath of the cool night air and watches people walk around in the park below the window. George sees a tree with particularly more pink flowers than the rest. It hurts when he remembers the morning walks him and Dream would always go on. One day a flower fell on George's head and Dream just laughed. The taller male would reach and place the flower behind his ear, the thought made George's heart constrict. It's too lonely.

There won't be a night, there won't be a place
Where you don't cross my mind

Where I don't see your face in somebody

I hope you're thinking of me (mhm)

George quickly backs away from the window and locks it tightly. It's hard to be in a long-distant relationship. What if Dream forgot about him? What if Dream stops loving him? George shakes the thoughts as he fall onto his bed, still in the clothes he wore earlier in the day. Laying down makes him recall the day Dream left for college in America, he distinctly remembers. The 16th of September. Dream kissed him and told him that he would wait, but would he really? It's too difficult.

I'll wait forever, that's what we said
16th of September, lyin' in my bed
I'll wait forever, it's never too late
Couple thousand miles is just a little space

I'll wait (Mmm)
I'll wait (Mmm)
I'll wait (Mmm)
Couple thousand miles is just a little space
I'll wait

After many hours just staring at his ceiling, wishing for sleep, it finally comes. But the nightmares plague as they do every night. He's outside his old house he shared with Dream again. The image only makes his eyes burn with tears. He hears something and looks towards the door where he sees his boyfriend coming out of the house. He's frozen in place as he sees Dream, he soon snaps out of it and runs up to him. George tries to open his mouth and tell Dream how much he loves him but nothing comes out. Dream just frowns, looking fairly disappointed, and turns around to leave. George tries to run after him but for some reason he's glued to place as he screams for Dream to come back. It's too painful.