CHAPTER 2

"Woah, you are extremely drenched ma'am," the bartender said and I froze. He sounded so much like Brian. I shook my head and sat on one of the bar stools close to the counter. I gave him a wry smile and studied him, he was extremely tall, and dark in complexion, just like Brian. He was also wearing a pair of glasses, I couldn't tell if they were medicated or not but they fitted him perfectly. He wore a shirt that read - "Bri's restaurant and bar". I assumed that it was the name of the homely building. He looked slightly older than me.

We are probably the same age.

I then scanned across the room in awe. I had been to this beach countless times and had never taken notice of this bar. It gave off a different and unique vibe as opposed to the ones I had been to. It was quite small but homely. I was glad to have found it at the right time.

I heard a snap of someone's fingers and realized that I was lost in thought.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"I asked if you wanted something hot, like coffee. It seems like you need it". The bartender said.

"Oh, cold water is fine" I replied and turned my head to keep staring at the place.

"I can tell that you like the place," He said as he handed me the glass of water.

"Oh yes, it is nice, it is well planned. I haven't noticed this bar before, is it new?" I was genuinely curious.
He nodded with a smile, "there was an old building here but it was renovated into this bar by 3 guys 2 years ago."

That explained why I didn't notice it earlier. I only came to the beach to drink my sorrows and go home.

"Well that is extremely impressive. They did a good job". I said as I gulped the water in one go.

"Yeah, I agree with you". He said, "Do you need anything else?" He asked taking the glass away and cleaning the counter. I looked at the shelves and admired the bottle of tequila staring at me. I had a horrible history with tequila, it never ended well for me. I either vomited or did something crazy due to its influence.

Don't Jenny, don't do it. You are already tipsy, you should just wait and go home when the rain subsides.

Did I listen to my subconscious?
Nope. I did not. I asked for that bottle and a shot glass. The next thing I knew, I had taken 10 shots and the entire room was woozy.
Shit - was the last word that I thought of before plopping my head on the counter.

"Hello, ma'am? Hello?"
I knew that voice, I could never forget it.

"Ma'am? We have closed, and the rain is gone, you should get going"
Brian?

I slowly rose my head and looked around. No one was there again, just me and whoever was tapping me.

Am I drunk?
Nope, I'm not.
I looked at the manly figure beside me and cupped his face with my hands, barely seeing. "Hey Brian, I've missed you so so much." I hugged him tightly.

"Ma'am, you're mistaking me for someone else. You have to go home, we have closed". The bartender repeated.

"Go home? No baby, wherever you go, I'll follow". I said. "I've missed you, life has been extremely difficult without you. I'm so glad you're back baby, even if it is going to be for a short while, I'm elated".

Then I looked up at him again. I could not open my eyes fully. "I've missed you Brian. Don't leave me again, please," I said with tears in my eyes and hugged him again. Then I got up abruptly, fell to the floor, and started laughing.

"I look pathetic don't I? Yeah, life has been hard and painful" I lay on the bare floor and sighed deeply "Extremely painful."

Those were my last words before I drifted off to sleep. The last words I kept hearing were, "Ma'am, you can't sleep here, you need to wake up".