CHAPTER 20

I smiled as I watched Anna drive off. She was on Night Shift and she was already late because we lost track of time. I still couldn't believe all that went down that day. I reconciled with my best friend. That day was indeed the best day of my life. I was so happy that I could cry. I wanted to share the news with Jason. I wanted to thank him for helping me because I honestly wouldn't have done it without him. I picked up my phone and called him.

"Hey." He answered after the first ring.

"Are you still at home?" I asked excitedly with tears in my eyes.

"Mm-hm. What's up?" He asked.

"I have some news to share. I'm coming." I said as I picked up my car keys.

"You sound elated, what happened?" He asked.

"I'll tell you when I arrive," I replied and cut the call.

***
"So what is the news?" He asked once he opened the door. I walked in and turned to him. As soon as he closed the door and turned towards me, I spoke.

"Anna came to my place. We spoke and we reconciled Jason! I have my best friend back. I thought it wasn't going to happen but it did. We are back together Jason!" I said with tears in my eyes. I was so happy. Jason was standing watching me as I expressed my happiness toward him. Then he smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked with a sniff.

"You came all the way here to tell me that you and Anna reconciled." He said.

"Yeah, I was so happy so I decided to tell you," I explained.

"You aren't getting me, you drove all the way here to tell me something you could have just said on that call."

Oh shit.

He walked closer to me, his arms folded. "I'm glad that you reconciled with Anna, I'm so happy for you, honestly. However, I want to know exactly why you came here."

My heart started racing. I knew why I came here. I wanted to see him, I also wanted to tell him how much I liked him. He started walking closer and I was moving backward. He smirked, I knew he was enjoying what he was doing. As soon as I hit something, I knew I was close to the sofa. Which meant I couldn't move backward again. Still smirking, came close to me.

"Why are you here, Jenny?" My insides were it. He has never called me Jenny, he always called me Jennifer. Hearing Jenny from his lips, especially with his deep voice, did things to me like crazy. "Jenny?" He called, raising my jaw to look at him. "Say it." He said calmly but I knew he was serious.

"I like you, Jay. I like you so much, I don't want to be friends. I don't know why I said that. I didn't mean it. I really like you." I said slowly, making sure every word sank in.

He smiled proudly, as though, he won the lottery. "Was that so hard?" He joked. I rolled my eyes and turned my face but he turned it back. "Listen, I respected that you wanted to be friends so I didn't profess my feelings towards you but now, I know that I have the chance to," He paused. "I have deep feelings for you, Jenny. I don't know when it started but I do like you. You've helped me and no, I'm not talking about the business. I'm talking about how you comforted me when I opened up, how you advised me, and how you made me understand that it wasn't my fault."

I closed my eyes then inhaled and exhaled. The tension between us at that moment was crazy. "That's a signal right?" He asked and I opened my eyes because I didn't understand the question. The next thing I knew, his lips were on mine.

***
JASON

She came to my place to tell me that she had reconciled with Anna. Don't get me wrong, I know we are good friends but I couldn't stop recalling the hug we shared at my bar. I didn't want to let her go; I wanted to kiss her so bad but I had to respect her choice and control myself. However, seeing her in my apartment was a whole different level. It seemed as though she wanted another excuse to see me again. Now, I'm not complaining but I couldn't control myself any further. I wanted her to know how much I felt with the hopes and prayers that she would feel the same way. Surprisingly, she opened up to me and told me how she felt. Hearing her say these words, "I like you", did a lot to me within, I was so happy. I told her how I felt as well and she closed her eyes. I knew she was savoring the moment, I knew she didn't want the moment to end. So, I decided to make her savor it more.
"That's a signal right?" I asked, grabbing her by the waist and kissing her. Hard.