CHAPTER 8

JASON

Before turning this building into a bar, it used to be a beach house. When my agent informed me of it and took me there, he mentioned that it was owned by one of the founders of the beach. However, it was abandoned a while back. As soon as I saw the building, I fell in love and bought it instantly. I didn't buy this myself, however, I contributed most of the money with two of my friends, Jonathan and Dennis.

We renovated it in such a way that it was a bar and a home simultaneously. We made the right decision because it was an overnight bar and restaurant. I didn't want any distance to hinder me from performing my work well so, I stayed at the bar during the week and returned to my home sometimes because staying at the bar was extreme bliss.

My friends had their various jobs and homes but they came by to help, sometimes. Besides, I was the one that convinced them to purchase the beach house and renovate it with me so, I didn't bother working at the bar on my own. It was still up-and-coming but I had workers around to help so it wasn't hectic in any way.

The bar and restaurant were downstairs, with one restroom, situated at the end where the back door was. The interior of the bar was decorated with bright colors and beach-themed decks, from the seashell chandeliers hanging from the ceiling to the surfboards lining the walls. The bar itself was made of polished driftwood, with bar stools and other comfortable seating areas for the customers to relax, eat, and drink too.

The 3 bedrooms with bathrooms in each, were upstairs. Each is owned by us. Thankfully, both of them weren't around so I slept in Jonathan's room.

I was up at 7 am that morning. The first thing I did was check on Jennifer. I opened the door slightly and saw that she was still asleep. I closed it and walked downstairs. To my shock, I saw Jonathan, arranging the drinks I had left in my car.

"What's up?" He asked with a corny smile. I knew what that smile meant. He had already seen Jennifer when he went to my room to get my car key.

"I'm good bro, I'm good." He nodded and kept arranging the bar. I could hear him stifling a laugh.

"Let it out," I said with a groan.

He dropped what he was doing and looked at me, "Isn't that the girl from weeks back? The one that kept hitting you in the face? What is going on?"

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to explain. I also couldn't mention all that Jennifer had told me because it was private.

"Nothing is going on, trust me," I responded and he shrugged.

"If you say so. Let us hope Dennis doesn't go into your room." He said.

"Dennis is around??" I asked, extremely shocked.

"Yeah, we came together."

Oh shit.

I heard loud footsteps from the staircase. Someone was running downstairs, it was Dennis.

"Bro, you won't imagine what I just saw." He hadn't gotten down the staircase but he started talking.

"That rude and spiteful.." He stopped when he saw my face.

"Jay what is she doing in your room??? I walked in and couldn't believe my eyes." He asked confusedly, walking towards me.

"Same thing I asked," Jonathan said as he continued with what he was doing.

"I'm trying to understand. Are you forgetting what she did to you in your room? After extending your help?" Dennis couldn't believe it. He was in utter shock.