Chapter 26

AARON'S POINT OF VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading a little bit, I signed out of Wattpad and shut my laptop, glancing toward Stacey's bedroom door. I'd had enough of waiting. I was worried. Everything seems to be happening at once and I don't understand any of it. First, it was that whole thing with Jayden, and now there's some weird thing that's happening at Platypus River that I'm so confused about. No one is telling me anything, no matter how hard I try, they don't say a word about it. I'm pretty sure my cousin knows but she won't tell me either.

I looked around to make sure that no one was watching as I stood up from my seat. Everyone was in the movie room watching something so I walked over to her bedroom and knocked softly on the door.

I smiled as I heard her mutter, "Come in."

I opened the door slowly.

She looked up from her computer, "Aaron? What are you doing?"

I walked over to her and sat beside her on her bed, "Nothing much, you?"

She frowned, confused a little bit, "Um, just writing."

I smiled, "How many reads have you got so far?"

She immediately grinned, not even trying to hide her excitement, "It already has 1682 reads! Can you believe it?!"

"Yes, I can."

"I legit signed into my account and looked at how many reads I had and when I saw that it had gone from 800 or something to over 1000 my whole jaw dropped and I stayed like that for like, five minutes!!" she said really fast with a smile on her face.

"Well, it's a good book. You shouldn't be surprised."

"Oh, it's really not that good. I just enjoy writing it."

I shook my head, "It's good, trust me."

"Whatever."

I smiled at her. We were silent for a few minutes, enjoying the company if each other.

I bit my lip, now was the time. My curiosity was getting the best of me.

I drew a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off.

"I know what you're going to ask. Please, don't."

I studied her sad expression and felt sorry for her.

I sighed, "Stacey, come here."

I held my arms out and hugged her, "Talk to me, please?"

She was silent and didn't say anything. I let her rest her head on my chest and waited for her.

"Okay, I'll tell you. But don't expect no tears," she mumbled into my chest.

I smiled, rubbing her back softly as she told me her story.

I was shocked, I didn't know that she had been through so much.

I felt bad now.

I can't fall for Stacey. I can't.

A while later I left Stacey to be alone. I walked outside and breathed in the fresh air.

My life wasn't anywhere near as hard as hers, so I couldn't complain. I was still angry at my dad for what he had arranged with them but I couldn't blame him for it, after all, it was what was best for me. It wasn't like the they were strangers, I mean, I have known them since I was born pretty much.

I looked up at the clear blue sky and smiled.

I smiled because of one thing.

Because I had finally figured out my feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!!

Sorry, this chapter was short! What did you think of Aaron's point of view? Did you like it? I may do more of Aaron's P.O.V but it depends what you guys think.

Don't forget to click that 'VOTE' button and comment!! :)

~ Sarah