Chapter 19

I knocked softly and then opened the door without bothering to wait for a welcome. I saw him there on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

"Dave, I'm sorr - "

"No," he cut me off, "It was my fault, I'm the sorry one. I don't have the right to make your choices."

I looked down, "Well, I won't argue with you on that but I meant to say that I was sorry for speaking to you so badly."

"Oh. Well, I'll forgive you only if you'll forgive me for being over-protective."

"It's a done deal," I ran over and jumped on him, starting a tickle fight.

He pinned me to the bed and tickled me till I couldn't breathe.

"Ah!...Can't......breathe.....can't......help.....stop....Stop!...........STOP!!!!!!!!" I yelled.

"Surrender!"

"Okay, okay, I surrender!"

He stopped tickling me and got up, leaving me on the bed as I got my breath back.

"Okay, well, I think I will go finish my chapter now," I got up to go back to my room.

"Alright. Good luck with writer's block!"

I grunted and started to exit the room, " Oh and by the way," I smirked, "I definitely do NOT surrender!"

His eyes widened and I squealed as he started to get up to tickle me again but, unfortunately for him, I slammed the door shut and ran into my room before he could catch me.

I sat on my bed and read through what I had recently written and raked my hands through my hair in thought. Finally, I thought of something and started typing......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott:

Walking away like that was one of the hardest things he had ever done, he hated hurting people's feelings, especially when it was because of stupid relationships. He grunted, frustrated, and got into his car.

"Hey," she said from the passengers seat, "It was the right thing to do. You can't lead her on while this is happening, she would get too attached and this would break her heart even more."

He sighed and he felt her hand on his arm, comforting him.

"Let's go home, we've got a lot of things to do before...."

Lauren:

Lauren walked into her house silently, trying not to be noticed by her mother. Her tears were now dry but her eyes were still quite red. As she got to her bedroom, she took out her phone and sent a text to Mikaela, the one who best understood her, listened and gave comforting advice, to come over and talk about what had happened. She didn't feel like talking about it in a group just yet but she felt that it would be best to let it out to at least one person.

Finally, Mikaela arrived and walked into her room.

"Hey, what's up...." her voice dropped when she saw her.

"Scott."

A sense of understanding washed over her face, "Oh..."

She let silence fill the room as she sat down on my bed and waited for Lauren to say something.

"He...um...he dumped me."

Her eyes widened, "What?!"

"Shhhh! Mum might hear you!" She hissed.

"Sorry," Mikaela whispered, 'So...what happened?"

"Oh the whole, 'I don't love you anymore,' type of thing," she sighed.

"Are you serious? Come on, I know that he's fallen head over heals for you."

"Not anymore according to him."

She walked over and sat down on my bed next to me, leaving a bit of 'thinking' silence.

"I don't know why he broke up with you,' she said slowly, choosing her words carefully, "But I don't think that he broke up with you because he doesn't love you anymore."

"But he said - "

'Doesn't matter what he said," Mikaela cut her off, "He could have said anything. It doesn't mean he meant it."

"But...it sounded like he meant it."

She sighed, "Lauren, I don't know why he dumped you, that's something you'll have to ask him yourself, but if he dumped you because he doesn't love you anymore...." pause, "Then he obviously doesn't know what he's missing out on."

"Thanks."

There was a silence for a while before Lauren brought up her next subject.

"Mikaela, there's one more thing."

She lifted her eyebrows curiously, "What?"

"I, um, I saw Skyler."

Mikaela's jaw dropped in a mixed expression of surprise and horror.

"Yeah, I know. His dad has bought an apartment for him near here and now he's working at the supermarket. That's were I met him."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"What...what did he say?"

"Sorry."

"I said, What did he say?"

"I know, and I said that he said sorry," Lauren explained.

Her eyes widened, "No kidding?"

"No, he said that he wasn't going to deny what he did, but that he regretted it. Then he asked if we could be friends."

"Really? Oh, wow. What did you say?"

"I didn't believe him and I turned him down without second thought."

"Oh," Mikaela hesitated, "Do you think he's changed...maybe?"

"I don't know," she sighed heavily.

"I think," she smiled and nodded to herself, "I think you should talk to him."

"Who? Skyler? No way."

Mikaela nodded, "I think you should talk to him and be his friend."

Lauren looked at her in disbelief, "You can't be serious?"

"I am. I really think it's a good idea to do it. Sometimes it's good to forget the past and start again."

"What?! Start again? You don't mean get back together, surely not?"

"No! No, no, no. I should have know you'd take it the wrong way. I mean it could get your mind off Scott and give you some insight from a guys point of view. Just forgive and forget so that you can go on with the gift of life."

Lauren sighed, "I don't know... I'll think about it, okay?"

"Yeah, that's good enough," she gave her a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?

Votes and comments are much appreciated!!!

~Sarah