Chapter 17

The sun was shining and no clouds could be seen in the sky. It was a perfect day. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply the fresh, warm air.

"Hey."

I turned around to see Aaron smiling at me from the veranda.

"Hi," I replied.

"So, I was thinking....do you want to come out with me for lunch?"

I rolled my lips into my mouth, thinking. It would be a perfect distraction from Jayden.

"Okay," I shrugged.

"Really? Okay then, what do you feel like eating?"

"Anything, you choose."

He smiled, "Alright, I have the perfect idea."

"What?"

"You'll see."

"Oh come on! Please?"

"Nope."

"Ugh!"

"Well? Let's go!" Aaron grabbed my hand and we walked over to the car and got in.

"How much longer?" I asked, getting impatient.

"We are almost there."

I huffed, looking out my window. We had been driving in what seemed like circles as we drove up the mountain.

"Here we are," Aaron said as he turned the car off.

"Wow," I said as we arrived at the lookout. The view was amazing. Below us was a sparkling lake which lay before the city buildings which were further away and with a clear blue sky, the picture was magic.

"Yeah, that's what I said when I came here for the first time."

"When did you come here?"

"Couple years ago with my grandpa before he died of cancer."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. He's gone to a better place."

We stood still for a while, admiring the view. At first, the silence was awkward, but after a while it became comfortable.

"So, where are we eating?" I asked.

"Here."

I looked at him with a confused look.

"I made lunch, it's in the boot of the car."

"Really?" I lifted my eyebrows in disbelief.

"Yep. Come on, let's go get it, I'm hungry."

We walked over to the car and took out the picnic basket. After placing it on the wooden picnic table, he took out two containers of fettuccine and gave one to me.

"Sorry, I had to put it in a container so that it wouldn't go everywhere so it's not very well presented."

"It looks delicious!"

"Well, let's start because I don't know about you but I'm starving!"

"Me too."

We ate the delicious meal and even had homemade ginger beer.

I couldn't seem to get my eyes off the view of the lake, "It's amazing. The most beautiful sight I've ever seen."

"Second to you."

I felt my heart stop as I turned to him. He smiled at me and moved closer, his eyes dropped to my lips as he slowly dipped his head. I lifted my head up to his as our lips touched briefly. I placed my hand behind his head and kissed him again, for a little longer.

We pulled apart and stayed there in a comfortable silence sitting at the table, admiring the view.

He smiled at me, "How about we go home now, or else David's not going to be happy, if you get what I mean."

"Yeah. Thanks for everything," I stood up, followed by Aaron, and walked to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Sorry it's short.

Vomments? :)

~Sarah