Chapter 23

"Please? Please tell me, what's going on?"

I shook my head, I couldn't give in. Never. He cannot know. I won't let it happen.

"Please just let it go. It's not worth it. Just...forget it, okay? We can just go somewhere nice for lunch and forget about the whole thing...please?" I pleaded.

Aaron drew a deep breath as he ran his fingers through his blonde hair, "Okay...but..." He sighed, "Alright."

I released my breath in relief, realising that I had been holding my breath, "Thank you."

He gave me a weak smile and took hold of my hand and squeezed it gently before letting it go. I could tell, though, that by his expression he was not only confused but also suspicious, and by the look on his face, he was not the type that was going to give up, no matter how much I pleaded him. It made me feel nervous and vulnerable, like a baby bird alone in its nest which had been found by a curious little boy who'd been climbing trees in his backyard.

I pushed my troubling thoughts away and followed Aaron out to his car.

"So, what do you feel like eating?" he asked.

I bit my lip as I thought of all the possibilities. I smirked at him, my decision was made.

He gave me a confused look, "What?"

"Can I drive?"

"Um, sure," he said, chucking me his keys.

I opened the driver's door and hopped in, turning the car on.

"So where are we going?" he asked.

"You'll just have to wait and see now won't you?" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Oh no you didn't! That's so not fair!"

"Sorry," I held back laughter at his incredulous face.

"That's it, you're not driving. Give me back the keys and get out!"

I smirked and revved the car.

"No no no no no, don't you dare!"

I ignored him and pressed the acceleration down, sending us flying down the long drive way.

"Okay, okay, okay! Slow down!"

I ignored him.

Aaron sighed, hanging on for dear life, "Please?!"

I let the car slow itself to a stop and faced him, giving him a massive grin, "Happy?"

"Thank you," he said, relieved.

"No more questions?"

"No more questions. You're Boss."

"Thank you," I smirked, satisfied, and chuckled to myself.

"Hey, don't laugh!" He said, trying to keep a serious expression but failed, giving in to his own laughter.

I pressed my foot to the accelerator and drove down the road at a safe speed.

I locked his car and chucked the keys back to him. I studied him as he caught the keys and slid them into his pocket. He was attractive, I'll give him that, the way his T-shirt clung to his toned muscles and his golden blonde hair was messily pushed to the side. I smiled and lead the way to Dejavu Restaurant and Bar.

"This looks nice," Aaron smiled.

"Yeah, and the food is even better!"

"That's all that matters," he said as he rubbed his stomach, winking at me.