Chapter 12

"Please! Please take us, Stacey!" my younger sister Teeani pleaded me.

Alannah had her phone to her ear and was talking to her boyfriend, Liam, who was asking her and Teeani out on a double date with his best friend, Harry. They were begging me to drop them off at the Cinemas and I shook my head but they kept begging until I rolled my eyes and agreed. I couldn't leave Aaron here so he ended up coming, too.

"So who's Liam?" Aaron asked my cousin.

"My boyfriend," Alannah replied, giggling.

"Okay..."

I parked the car in front of the Cinemas and turned the key. We got out of the car and Alannah looked around for her boyfriend while Aaron and I stayed by the car.

"There he is!" Alannah pointed and we all looked, Teeani gasped, probably because of how hot they were. I looked at the boys coming over and smiled when I realized that they had got one of their older brothers to take them like I had to. I studied their older brother, my smile vanishing, he was too familiar for my liking.

"Aaron, put your arm around me and pretend you're my girlfriend!" I whispered to him.

"Wha-"

"Just do it!"

He smirked, "Okay."

Putting his arm around me, we walked over to them.

"Hi, I'm Stacey, Teeani's sister," I said casually, pretending that I had no idea who he was as the girls and their dates went into the theater.

Jayden tilted his head, confused, "Stacey?"

I raised my eyebrows, "Thats what I said."

"Um, yeah... I'm...Jayden...we were going out remember? Look about that, I'm really sorry, please let me explain," he said uncomfortably.

"Um, I don't need you to explain anything, in fact, I don't even know you anymore," I frowned.

"Look, Stacey, I've changed, I went through some pretty hard times and I know that it cost you but I really didn't mean for it to happen I'm really sor-"

"No, Jay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I ever met you, I sorry that I'm speaking to you right now and you know what, I'm sorry that I ever thought we had a chance together," I whispered harshly and stormed back off to my car leaving Aaron and him standing there awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah, sorry about that, dude, you must of really messed up," Aaron said.

"Yeah," Jayden sighed and walked back to his car.

I watched from the window of the car, confused as to why he didn't fight Aaron. Once upon a time he would've gladly punch the living daylights out of him. Maybe he has changed maybe he-

No, Stacey, you know he'll never change, stop your wishful thinking.

But, he wouldn't have just walked away like that if he hadn't changed.

Stop it, just stop it. He's not worth it, no guy is, no guy ever will be, not even Aaron.

But-

"Are you okay, Stace?" Aaron interrupted my argument with myself.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine."

"Do you want me to drive?"

"Um, yeah, okay, thank you."

We drove home in silence, which I was very thankful for. When we got home, I thanked Aaron and went into my room to write while he turned on the television. Taking out my laptop, I started writing my next chapter...

~

Lauren woke up to find a cast on her leg. The doctor smiled down at her, "Hey, you have some visitors."

She looked around the room and found her friends, Mikaela, Genevieve and Tiffany, sitting beside her, smiling.

"We have some good news for you," Genevieve told me as she glanced at the others, "Scott's alive."

Lauren's eyes widened, "Really? I mean, I thought I saw him in the car with you as you passed, but I just thought I'd imagined it. Where is he?"

Scott walked in, smiling, and sat down on her bed, making it drop slightly, "Hey. I'm so sorry."

Lauren couldn't believe it, she wrapped her arms around him as he kissed her on the forehead, "They told me you were dead."

"I know, sweetie, but they were wrong, they got me mixed up with another Scott."

Realization dawned on her as she nodded her head slowly, "Oh, that makes sense. Thank you Scott, for finding me in the fire."

He smiled, "Anything for you."

"Um, we'll meet you guys outside." Mikaela said.

"Okay," Lauren waited till they'd closed the door, "Scott, I, uh, I love you, too."

He smiled, "I'm guessing you heard me?"

"Yeah, and I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to say it back to you and then they told me you were dead." a tear fell down her cheek and Scott kissed it.

Holding her chin, he lifted her head up, "I really do love you, Lauren."

His kissed her softly, "Let's go shall we? You need to get back to your parents, they're worried."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!

What did you think of Jayden?

Votes/Comments?

~Sarah