Chapter 4

She moved around in her sleep as Sam watched her. Unaware of what was wrong he left her be, laying there too as he watched her. Meanwhile Penny was in a bad dream, a nightmare. It was pitch dark as she wandered around the forest. Feeling like she was being watched, she kept her self on high alert. But she soon turned around as a wolf tried to lunge at her. She dodged it as she heard it's growl.

"What do you want with me?" Penny asked as she looked at the wolf who was staring at her.

"I want you dead." It snarled as she screamed, startling Sam. She was frozen in fear as the wolf bit her head. Causing her to bleed out. Blood pooled all over the place as Sam tried to shake her from this nightmare. But it was no use, and instead she howled loudly. Sam again tried to wake her up, and this time she was startled. She looked up to see Sam. He pushed some hair out of her face as he smiled at her.

"Don't worry it was just a nightmare." Sam spoke as Penny didn't understand what he said. But she appreciated the sounds nevertheless. She tried to get up as Sam just chuckled. "It's pretty late at night. Why don't we go back to sleep hmm?" Sam asked as Penny just stared at him. She whimpered as she tugged on his shirt sleave.

"I'm guessing you don't want to go back to sleep." Sam spoke as he looked at her. Fear in her eyes as she clung onto him. "I've got a great idea then, come here." Sam spoke as he took her hand for a moment. Walking her away from the couch. Soon sitting on the ground as he had her do the same.

"My name is Sam, can you remember that?" Sam asked as Penny whimpered again. She tried to wander off but Sam stopped her. "No." He said as she looked at him, and decided to stay put. He put her hand on his chest, and said his name again. Trying to get her to repeat it, but she couldn't. Instead Penny snarled, causing Sam to frown.

"No no I don't think we need to snarl sweetheart." Sam spoke as he removed her hand from his chest. She went closer to him and licked his cheek, causing Sam to laugh. "I don't think we need to do that either." Sam spoke as Penny took Sam's hand and put it on her chest. Smiling as she kept it there.

"Oh?" Sam spoke as he tried to pull his hand away, but Penny growled. Leaving his hand there as she looked at him. The smile now gone as fear was seen across her face again. Holding his hand a little tighter as Sam used his free hand to brush hair out of her face. "Everything will be fine I promise sweetheart." Sam spoke as Penny relaxed her grip. The warmness of his tone of voice making her feel safe. She closed her eyes for a moment, searching her mind for what she could say. Understanding now what Sam wanted from her. Using sounds she had learned already she tried to speak.

"Pe.." Penny spoke as she opened her eyes. Sam was shocked as he looked at her.

"You did it." Sam spoke with a smile as she just starred at him. Mimicking his smile as she took his hand and put it on her chest.

"Pe..." She spoke as she took her hand and put it on his chest now. "Sam." She said with a smile as Sam pulled her into a hug.

"That's right." He said as he pulled away. "But... Pe? What could that mean?" Sam asked himself as Penny nuzzled him. A lightbulb soon went off in his brain as he looked at her.

"Penny?" Sam asked as Penny looked up at him. Starring into his eyes for a moment before turning away to lick herself. Sam laughed as he put his hand out. Causing Penny to want to lick that instead, but Sam stopped her.

"No. We don't lick ourselves or other people sweetheart." Sam spoke as Penny didn't understand, so she tried to lick him again only to be stopped once again. Sam shook his head at her and again said no. Causing Penny to whimper.

"It's for the best." Sam spoke as Penny looked at him.

"N..no." Penny repeated the word as Sam's eyes went wide.

"I guess your just going to try to keep repeating me now hmm?" Sam asked as Penny started to sniff something nearby. She tried to go outside by putting her hands on the backdoor. But Sam stopped her. "We aren't going outside at this hour Penny." Sam spoke as Penny opened the door, and he chased after her. She stopped a few moments later with a dead rabbit in her mouth.

"Well, that's not something you see everyday. Come on sweetheart we aren't going to eat that." Sam spoke as he brought her back inside. Penny sniffling as Sam microwaved some soup instead. "Here, when this cools down you can have it instead." Sam spoke as Penny didn't listen. She took a sip of the soup and howled loudly. Letting it almost fall to the floor as Sam grabbed it just in time.

"I said you need to wait sweetheart." Sam spoke as Penny looked at him.

"Wai." Penny tried to mimic Sam as he just chuckled.

"I guess I'm going have to get used to this." Sam spoke to himself as Penny looked at him. It was late at night, but Sam knew that he'd have to be at work in the morning.  "Maybe I should call my friends, tell them what's wrong. Maybe they will understand?" Sam asked Penny as she just looked at him in confusion. But Sam decided it was for the best if he told them all tommorow. He looked at the clock in the kitchen as he decided to go to bed. Sam walked to his bedroom as Penny followed behind him on all fours. Sam smiled as he looked at her.

"Come here." Sam spoke as he undid the covers and tucked her in. Letting her gently fall back asleep before he got some sleep himself. Ready for the day soon ahead.