Chapter 6

It was a couple hours later that Penny started to stir. The rest of the group had to head out for an emergency, but Elvis decided to stay behind and watch her. He saw her stirring, and immediately called Sam as promised.

"Elvis what's up?" Sam asked on the phone as Elvis explained to him what was happening.

"Sam Penny is waking up now." Elvis spoke as Sam nodded. Sam told the rest of the team he was heading out. He grabbed what he needed from his locker and left, telling Elvis to head back to the station as he headed to his home. Passing by Elvis as he gave him a smile. Soon Sam quickly made it there, and wandered inside.

"Oh Penny." Sam spoke as he saw her laying on the ground. Pleading eyes staring at him as he brushed some hair out of her face. He lifted her up, and she quickly held him close and tight. Sam dropping his things as he let her hold him close. She started to cry as Sam let her go, looking at her as tears fell from his cheeks too. Penny looked at him, staring at him in the eyes as she wiped away one of his tears. Causing Sam to stifle a laugh. Penny looked at him now in confusion. "Sorry, I just think it's adorable you want to stop me from crying." Sam spoke as Penny put her hand on his chest. Causing Sam to smile, and Penny to mimic him.

"Sam." Penny spoke as she looked at him. They stared at each other for a while, but Penny soon averted her gaze. Trying to lick herself again as Sam stopped her.

"Ah no, we don't do that here." Sam spoke as Penny giggled.

"No?" She tried to mimic Sam again as Sam just rolled his eyes.

"Come on, why don't we get something to eat." Sam spoke as he grabbed out the phone and ordered some pizza. Waiting for it to arrive as Penny tried to sneak out the back door. The pizza came and Sam tipped the delivery person, but was quick to turn around and notice Penny had opened the back door. She was about to run off but Sam grabbed her.

"No." Sam spoke as he brought her back inside and closed the door. Opening the pizza box to let it cool as Penny sniffed it. "We are going to wait for this to cooldown, then I am going to teach you about some things." Sam spoke as Penny looked at him.

"Teach?" Penny asked as Sam nodded.

"Well yes, you have to learn at some point." Sam spoke as Penny didn't understand what he was saying. She just looked at him before touching the food. Eating in silence before stopping, finishing as she looked at Sam who just chuckled at her. "Your face is a mess again, come here." Sam spoke as he cleaned her up, then sat her down on the floor next to the table.

"Sam." Penny spoke as Sam laughed.

"Yes that's me." Sam spoke as Penny went closer to him. She sniffed him before pulling back, taking his hands as she smiled.

"Well uh, sniffing people isn't a very good idea either." Sam spoke as Penny looked at him. She cocked her head in confusion as Sam sighed. "No. It means no." Sam spoke as Penny felt bad now. She looked at him, trying to understand what he wanted to do with her but she couldn't, so she just kept looking at him. Releasing her hands from his while doing so.

"First things first, we have to find out what your interested in doing. That way I can try to help you prepare for your first job." Sam spoke as Penny shook her head at him. "What's wrong Penny?" Sam asked as Penny looked at him, hint of sadness in her eyes.

"No understand, you." Penny spoke as Sam's eyes went wide.

"Well what don't you understand?" Sam spoke with bewilderment as Penny looked at him.

"No understand... word." Penny spoke as Sam soon understood.

"I guess we should start with teaching you how to talk some more." Sam spoke as Penny took his hands again. Causing Sam to blush. "Oh." Sam spoke as he turned away while Penny giggled. Looking at him as she blushed too.

"You too." Penny spoke as Sam looked back at her.

"Hmm? I don't understand." Sam spoke as Penny wrapped his arms around his neck. Smiling as she was closer to him.

"Mhhm. This." Penny spoke as she touched his cheek with her nose.

"Oh that's just a cheek." Sam spoke as Penny looked at him.

"Cheek?" She asked as Sam nodded.

"Yeah, it's a part of your face." Sam spoke.

"Face?" Penny asked as Sam laughed.

"Yeah, everyone has a face." Sam spoke as  Penny noticed him blushing again.

"Everyone has... that?" Penny asked as Sam looked confused again.

"If you mean a face, yes. If you mean cheeks, then also yes." Sam spoke as Penny shook her head.

"No no. This." Penny spoke and touched his blushing cheeks with her nose.

"Oh uh that is nothing don't worry about it." Sam spoke and lied as Penny shook her head.

"I know it." Penny spoke.

"Know what?" Sam asked.

"That. But not... word." Penny spoke as Sam laughed.

"You seem to be really concerned about my blushing." Sam spoke as Penny laughed.

"Blush?" Penny asked as Sam nodded.

"Yes that's what I was doing. But it isn't important." Sam spoke as Penny shook her head.

"Important." Penny spoke as Sam rolled his eyes and shook his head. Penny still having her arms wrapped around his neck. But she wasn't as close to him as she was earlier.

"No really it isn't that important." Sam lied again as Penny felt chuffed. Penny went closer to him again, looking into his eyes as he looked into hers. She decided to initiate this, and pressed her lips on his. Smiling as she broke away.

"It important. Promise." Penny spoke as Sam laughed.

"I guess it really is." Sam spoke as he kissed her back. Smiling as he broke away, looking into her eyes again.

"No need, say not important." Penny spoke as Sam nodded.

"I just didn't think you felt the same way so, I lied." Sam spoke as Penny looked confused. "Oh uh you don't understand all those words do you?" Sam asked as Penny understood some words here, and shook her head.

"Well, I lied, it was wrong of me to lie, and hide my feelings." Sam spoke as Penny understood. Nodding her head as she removed her arms from around his neck and took his hand in hers instead.

"But truth?" Penny asked as Sam nodded.

"The truth. I love you. It's as simple as that." Sam spoke as Penny smiled.

"Love, too." Penny spoke as they both stood up. Soon holding each other close again and not wanting to let go as they laid in Sam's bed. Hopeful that tommorow would be just as great as today was.